Golden Championship Series 2017 Winter Season - Asian Qualifier 3
Third and last opportunity for Asian players to compete at GCS 2017 Winter : the second part of the most important individual tournament in 2017 with one the biggest prize pool.
- Preliminary rounds (32 into 12) :
- Group A & B : October 12th & 13th.
- Group C & D : October 14th & 15th.
- Groupstage (16 into 8) : October 19th & 20th.
- Playoffs (8 into 4) : October 21st & 22nd.
Top 32 ladder players qualify for the preliminary rounds :
- players are divided into 4 groups of 8 players each,
- the groups are played as double elimination,
- top 3 qualify for the groupstage.
- 16 players are divided into 4 groups of 4 players each,
- the groups are played as Double Elimination,
- top 2 qualify for the playoffs.
8 players in a double elimination bracket:
- winners of the 4 groups face the runner-ups,
- playoffs are played as double elimination.
- Top 4 qualify for GCS Winter 2017,
- others players fail to qualify.
CN¥ 4,000 (≃ $ 602.48) are divided among participants as follows:
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Qualified||Player||Team|
according to xe.com conversion rate on 2017-10-01 (CN¥ 1 ≃ $ 0.15062).
|Human (3)||Orc (4)||Undead (3)||Night Elf (6)|
|Invited due to Asian Qualifier #2|
|granted a spot via Group A (preliminary rounds)|
|granted a spot via Group B (preliminary rounds)|
|granted a spot via Group C (preliminary rounds)|
|granted a spot via Group D (preliminary rounds)|
Here the players who respectively finished first, second and third of their preliminary round group, clinching a spot for groupstage :
- Lyn, Colorful & Sini in group A, complete bracket here.
- WFZ, Fast & Pingge in group B, complete bracket here.
- Tbc bm, EleGaNt & Vila in group C, complete bracket here.
- Lucifer, Yumiko & Sok in group D, complete bracket here.