- Not to be confused with KT's Violet.
|Romanized Name:||Kim Dong Hwan|
|Birth:|| December 5, 1990|
Jeju Island, South Korea
|Alternate IDs:||EmpireviOLet, CSNTC, Fatandlazy|
|WCS Rank (Points):||#66 (750 points)|
????-??-?? - 2011-09-07
2012-01-21 - 2012-07-02
2012-08-01 - 2013-07-31
Kim "viOLet" Dong Hwan is a Zerg player from South Korea, who is currently teamless.
On August 1, 2012 it was announced via YouTube by Cyber Sports Network that viOLet would be sponsored by AZUBU and would be known as AZUBUviOLet. The contract reached its end one year later, leaving viOLet teamless.
 In Beta
viOLet was part of the original StarCraft II team announced by Dutch professional gaming team Serious Gaming. He was presented as part of the team, but not yet active as he still had WarCraft III tournaments to finish.
 Wings of Liberty
 Global StarCraft II League
 GSL 2011
viOLet qualified for GSL May where he made a run to the Round of 8 before being stopped by Mvp. This was enough to participate in the up/down matches where he bested Kyrix, 2-0 to be promoted to Code S.
In the GSL July Code S group stages, viOLet lost his first match to Ensnare on Bel'Shir Beach then defeated anypro to remain in Code S. However he lost the final match in a rematch against Ensnare and was not able to proceed onto the Round of 16. viOLet next set of Code S matches would be during GSL August. In the group stages, he lost to Bomber and Killer and would have to participate in the August Up and Down Matches. There, he placed last with a score of 1-3, therefore dropping down to Code A.
 GSL 2012
On June the 1st, 2012, viOLet was announced as one of the players invited to participate in GSL Season 3 Code S together with ThorZaIN based on his success outside of Korea. In the first Group Stage, he beat Oz in the first match of Group G, lost to DongRaeGu in the winners' match, and beat Maru to advance second in the group after DongRaeGu. In the second Group Stage he lost to Seed, Mvp, and TaeJa, falling to Code A where he lost to MMA, qualifying for the Up & Down Matches for Season 4, which he forfeit; he has not participated in the regular GSL since.
As Runner-up at the IGN Pro League Season 5, viOLet qualified for the 2012 GSL Tour Grand Finals, where he was placed in Group B, along with Sniper, Life, Rain, and Seed, to be played on December the 18th.
 Global StarCraft II Team League
 2011 GSTL
On May 19th, 2011, for the 2011 GSTL May, MVP sent out viOLet as their third player against SlayerS. The score was currently tied at 2-2 for both teams at that point. He wasn't able to take out SlayerS' Frozen and allowed SlayerS to take the lead at 3-2.
On June 23rd, 2011, for the 2011 GSTL Season 1 Group A, MVP sent out viOLet as their second player against SlayerS. The score was currently in favor for SlayerS at 1-0 at that point. He wasn't able to take out SlayerS' Alicia and allowed SlayerS to take the lead at 2-0.
 Outside Korea
On Nov 5, 2011, viOLet was announced to be a participant of the CSN Training Camp, which would allow fans to watch him practice for 2 weeks as he prepares for the Open Bracket at MLG Providence. It was later announced that viOLet would remain in the US to continue practicing at the camp even after Providence. His run in the 2011 MLG Providence Open Bracket was ended by his fellow South Korean progamer GanZi in round 3. viOLet nonetheless made his way through the losers bracket, and eventually earned a spot in the Championship Bracket, where he was immediately eliminated by MarineKing.
viOLet's next attendance to a premier event took place in January 2012, in the HomeStory Cup IV. He narrowly reached the playoffs after finishing 2-1 in his group. In the playoff's, viOLet defeated MarineKing in the quarterfinals in a very close best of 5, and advanced to the semifinals. Both players disconnected in game 4, in which MarineKing was arguably winning, and both players decided to re-game. MarineKing would take the rematched game 4, with viOLet taking a convincing Game 5. In the following round, viOLet would face Sound, who would end up beating viOLet 3-2. In the bronze match, viOLet would face JYP and end up losing 1-3 to end up fourth overall.
On July 20th, 2012, viOLet participated in the 2012 MLG Spring Arena. viOLet took down Alicia, Grubby, Leenock, and Polt to advance in to the final bracket. After taking down Stephano viOLet went on to face Symbol in the finals. viOLet was able to defeat Symbol by a score of 3-1 and took first place.
 Intel Extreme Masters
 IEM Season VI Global Challenge Sao Paulo
From February 8th to February 11th, 2012, viOLet participated in the IEM Season VI Global Challenge Sao Paulo. The tournament started off with group stages. viOLet was placed in to Group C with ReaL, biGs, and Potiguar. viOLet advanced out of his group with a score of 3-0 and headed in to the playoffs bracket. In the playoffs bracket, viOLet defeated DeMusliM and Ret in order to advance in to the finals. In the finals, viOlet faced SuperNova. After a set of great games, viOLet defeated SuperNova by a score of 3-1 and grabbed the championship.
 IGN ProLeague
 IPL Season 5
On July 14th, 2012, viOLet participated in the IPL 5 North American Satellite Qualifiers. viOLet received a BYE in round one and then went on to take down EroSennin and TriMaster, and then went on to advance in to the finals to face Caliber. In the finals, viOLet defeated Caliber by a score of 2-1 and was able to take first place. His first place finish qualified him for the IGN ProLeague Season 5.
On December 2nd, 2012, viOLet competed in the IGN ProLeague Season 5. ViOLet's first opponent of the tournament was ToD, who he defeated 2-0. In the next round, ViOLet went up against LucifroN, who he also defeated 2-0. Next, ViOLet faced Bogus(INnoVation), who he was able to defeat 2-1. ViOLet's next opponent was Snute, who he defeated 2-0. ViOLet's opponent in the fifth round was HerO. ViOLet once again won with a 2-1 score. In the next round, ViOLet's opponent was Symbol. ViOLet was able to defeat Symbol 2-0 and move on to the Winner's bracket final, where he faced Leenock. ViOLet was unable to defeat Leenock, losing 1-3. ViOLet then played against Polt, who he was able to defeat in a close 3-2 series. This victory allowed ViOLet to move on to the grand finals, where he would play a rematch against Leenock. Coming from the losers bracket, ViOLet had to win one best of five and one best of three to win the title. ViOLet was able to win the best of five with a 3-2 scoreline, but was unable to win the best of three, losing the series 1-2 and ending up finishing in second place.
 IPL Fight Club
 North American Star League
 NASL Season 4
Based on performance rankings , viOLet was invited to participate in the NASL, where he was placed in Division 3, which began play on September the 14th, 2012. He was undefeated in group play, ending up with an 8-0 record, and advanced as group leader to the Round of 16 where he defeated Alicia 3-0, qualifying him for the offline Grand Finals. At the Finals, ViOLet defeated DeMusliM 3-2 in a close quarter final match and SortOf 4-1 in the semi finals. In the final ViOLet faced HerO. Despite being up 2-0, ViOLet ended up losing to HerO by a score of 2-4, taking second place.
- Earned the nickname Surgeon Zerg, or Zergeon, during the 2012 MLG Spring Arena 2 because he was sick and wore a medical mask.
- Won the last season of Korea's XP League (Season 6) in WarCraft III.
- Won eleven WarCraft III ZOTAC Cups, including the 100th, making him the 4th all-time leader in ZOTAC Cup wins.
- Won 19 Playhem Daily Cup Tournaments (a combination of NA and EU) while attending the CSN Training Camp, putting him clearly 1st of the Playhem Daily Medal Count.
- Represented Team AZK for IPL3 but was never a member.
- Plays under the name Fatandlazy on the Korean server.
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2012-12-09||2nd||North American Star League Season 4||2 : 4||HerO||$15,000|
|2012-12-02||2nd||IGN ProLeague Season 5||1 : 2||Leenock||$20,000|
|2012-08-19||3 - 4th||IEM Season VII - Cologne||2 : 3||Nerchio||$1,700|
|2012-05-20||1st||2012 MLG Spring Arena 2||3 : 1||Symbol||$10,000|
|2012-02-11||1st||IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Sao Paulo||3 : 1||SuperNova||$6,500|
|2012-01-08||4th||HomeStory Cup IV||1 : 3||JYP||$1,000|
|In Major Tournaments|
|2012-11-11||4th||Lone Star Clash 2||0 : 2||Bomber||$1,000|
|2012-06-17||3rd||GIGABYTE ESPORTS LAN Invitational||3 : 2||Golden||$1,000|
|2012-05-13||1st||MSI Battlegrounds||4 : 0||Axslav||$3,000|
|In Major Team Leagues|
|2012-02-24||2013 Global StarCraft II Team League Preseason||of team FXOpen e-Sports|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
|Intel Extreme Masters|
| Season VI - Kiev
| Season VI - Sao Paulo
11 February 2012 – 10 March 2012
| Season VI - WC|
|MLG Pro Circuit Champion|
| 2012 Spring Arena 1
| 2012 Spring Arena 2
20 May 2012 – 10 June 2012
| 2012 Spring Championship|
- 2013-05-10 | viOLet post-GSTL interview by Khaldor
- 2012-03-06 | viOLet after topping Group C at the IEM season VII World Championship by Team Acer at IEM VII World Championship
- 2012-02-25 | 2013 GSTL Pre-Season AZUBU vs FXO Winner by This Is Game
- 2012-12-19 | Blizzard Cup 2012 Group B Winners by This Is Game
- 2012-11-30 | viOLet talks after reaching the upper bracket semi-final. by Thorin of Team Acer at IPL5
- 2012-11-30 | viOLet talks about Vegas, how he beat Innovation, and Day 2 by Slasher of GameSpot.com at IPL 5
- 2012-11-29 | Interview with viOLet - IPL5 Day One by HotBid of TeamLiquid.net at IPL 5
- 2012-09-27 | viOLet 'Grilled' in-depth interview by Thorin of Team Acer
- 2012-09-21 | viOLet: Foreigners will be as good as Koreans in a year by Fragster.de
- 2012-04-22 | Empire viOLet's MLG Spring Arena Day 1 & 2 Round-Up by Cyber Sports Network at MLG Spring Arena
- 2012-02-27 | MLG Winter Arena Day 3 Wrap-up with Empire.viOLet by Cyber Sports Network at MLG Winter Arena
- 2012-02-26 | MLG Winter Arena Day 2 Wrap-Up with Empire.viOLet by Cyber Sports Network at MLG Winter Arena
- 2012-02-25 | MLG Winter Arena: Day 1 Round-Up with Empire.viOLet by Cyber Sports Network at MLG Winter Arena
- 2012-02-07 | I'm confident, not cocky by MrBitter at IEM Season VI - Sao Paulo
- 2012-01-07 | I love my fans by Fragster.de at HomeStory Cup IV
- ↑ OrangeMilkis' Twitter Twitter.com. September 11th 2011
- ↑ viOLet joins Team Empire
- ↑ csn_andrew (2012-07-02). "viOlet leaves team empire?".
- ↑ Azubu sponsors viOLet TeamLiquid.net. August 2nd 2012.
- ↑ viOLet Announces His New Sponsor YouTube.com
- ↑ August Roster Updates for eSF Teams TeamLiquid.net. July 31st 2013.
- ↑ viOLet joins Serious Gaming GosuGamers.net 2010
- ↑ "GSL Season 3 Code S players". GOMTV.net. June 1st 2012.
- ↑ viOLet's Twitter Twitter.com. November 8th 2011
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "CSN Training Camp: viOLet to MLG Providence" TeamLiquid.net. November 5th 2011.
- ↑ NASL Introduces The Leaderboard and Invites Players to Season 4 NASL.tv. December 11th 2012.
- ↑ "viOLet wins XP League VI" GosuGamers.net. February 2nd 2010.
- ↑ ZOTAC CUP - WarCraft III WC3.ZOTAC-CUP.com
- ↑ Image of viOLet's Fatandlazy account Imgur.com. October 20th 2012.