Michael "theognis" McClelland is an American Terran player, who is now retired.
Wings of Liberty
The majority of theognis's career in Wings of Liberty was with Quantic Gaming, making fairly small appearances in the professional scene.
Heart of the Swarm
On April 12, 2013 theognis was announced as one of the invites for the 2013 WCS AM Premier League Season 1. He was seeded into Group F of the Round of 32 along with TheStC, ViBE, and Snute. On April 29, 2013, theognis lost 2-0 to Snute and 2-1 to ViBE, and fell down to bracket 7 of the Challengers League.
Once in the Season 1 Challengers League theognis found somewhat more success. After a 2-0 win over Jaedong and a 2-1 win over State, he was matched against Sen, who forfeited. Thus, theognis was promoted to the Season 2 Premier League. There he was seeded into Group F with aLive, Sage, and Suppy.
On June 28, 2013 theognis entered the 2013 MLG Spring Championship, and was placed into Bracket 8 of the Winners Bracket. After taking an win over Rehio in the first round, he was knocked into the Losers Bracket by Phog. In the losers bracket he won a string of TvT's, defeating cma1681, LovE, DeMusliM, and Xenocider, to reach the last round of the early brackets. Unfortunately he was defeated there by qxc, one round before the Final Bracket.
In WCS America 2013 Season 2 Premier League, theognis again fell out 0-2, losing to Sage and Suppy. In Challenger League, he lost 0-2 to hellokitty and immediately afterwards announced his retirement and departure from ROOT Gaming.
- Stole his ID from his brother.
|2013-03-23||Acer Teamstory Cup US/KR Qualifiers||All kill of team Frenetic Array|
|2013-01-26||DC LAN #11||theognis 4 : 0 RomanDragon|
|2012-05-25||Homestory Cup V NA Qualifiers #1||theognis 0 : 3 Golden|
- 2013-01-15 | Interview: Root Theognis on SC2, HotS and Gaming life by NiteshadeSC2
- pPingu (2012-12-04). "Quantic Gaming disbands". TeamLiquid.net. Retrieved 2013-05-04.
- Deezl (2012-12-15). "ROOT Gaming Signs TheOgnis". teamliquid.net. Retrieved 2013-05-04.
- ROOTheognis (2013-05-04). twitter.com. https://twitter.com/ROOTheognis/status/330720377741398016. Retrieved 2013-05-04.
- ROOT Gaming's TheOgnis (T) retires from StarCraft