- Tal'Darim Altar LE
Tal'Darim Altar is a large, rotationally symmetric, four-player map which made its debut in the Global StarCraft II Team League. One of the first maps not made by Blizzard to be played in the GSL, its size and number of expansions contrast strongly with maps such as Steppes of War which it replaced.
A draft of the map had been published earlier as Amoroso.
An old copy of the map, here referred to as version 0.9, was mistakenly used in the first two weeks of the North American Star League.
Blizzard Map Description
There are two easily defendable expansions in front of your main base. There are multiple paths to navigate around the center, so make use of the Watch Towers.
- At cross positions, the rush distance is significantly longer than any Blizzard map, including Desert Oasis.
- In version 1.0, the third has 8×750 mineral patches and 2×1250 gas geysers.
- In version 1.1, the third has 5×1500 mineral patches and 1×2500 gas geyser.
- Due to every version not having a ramp from the main to the natural, in a Protoss versus Protoss, the 4 Warpgate Rush Strategy is often the go-to tactic.
- In LE versions, a pylon placed outside the depression behind the third will give vision for Stalkers to blink down and then up into the main.
Symmetrical distances are not shown to improve clarity
Distances from Main to Main
- Version 0.9 – 1.0
- Removed center gold bases.
- Removed rocks blocking expansions.
- Removed rocks constricting the entrance to the main and made this choke unbuildable.
- Moved one of the natural geysers away from the cliff edge where it could be sieged from low ground.
- Narrowed the ramp at the third.
- Version 1.0 – 1.1
- Removed one geyser at the third. The remaining geyser now contains a full 2500 gas.
- Changed the mineral patches at the third to 1500 per patch and reduced the total amount to five patches.
- Version 1.1 – LE
- Widened the natural choke to prevent walling with e.g. two barracks and one depot.
- Made the entrance to the main buildable.
- Added an area of low ground between the main and third accessible only by cliff-walking, etc.
- The third now has a full 8×1500 mineral patches and 2×2500 gas geysers and is blocked by destructible rocks. These were removed with season 9.
Map Version Images
- Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
Tal'Darim Altar 1.1
Protoss FE Wall-ins
Tal'darim Altar LEError creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destinationError creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destinationError creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destinationError creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
1 vs 1 2 vs 2 3 vs 3 4 vs 4 FFA 2 player