|This article is a player stub. You can help Liquipedia by expanding it.|
State is an American Protoss player in StarCraft II who played for Team Vile from mid-2011 until May 5, 2012, when Quantic Gaming acquired the entire StarCraft II roster of Team Vile, including State.
On August 9th, 2013, it was announced that State had joined ROOT Gaming while maintaining his personal sponsorship with Game Front. He left ROOT Gaming on February 9th, 2014. He is training and playing for Prime in Proleague and joined the team on March 6th, 2014, after his Proleague debut in Week 2 of Round 2 of the 2014 season against Classic when Prime faced SK Telecom T1.
Wings of Liberty
Heart of the Swarm
State was invited to the MLG Winter Showdowns, where he defeated Fenix to qualify for the Main Tournament on March 15th. Like every other foreigner matched against a Korean, he lost his first match against PartinG, unable to take a game in an 3-0 sweep.
State was one of the sixteen foreigners invited to WCS America 2013 Season 1 Premier League. He fell out in the Round of 32, losing twice 0-2 to Scarlett, but was able to defeat the Proleague regular Oz 2-1. Falling into Challenger League, he defeated Drunkenboi but lost to theognis in the second round. He was unable to re-enter Premier League through the Group Stage, but he was able to avoid dropping out of WCS by defeating Xenocider.
State qualified for SHOUTcraft America by being one of the top 16 players on the NA Server and being from an American country. His first matches were on May 17, 2013, where he topped his Round of 16 group, defeating qxc and Xenocider to advance to the Bracket Stage. He defeated strong Protoss players hellokitty and Minigun to qualify for the Grand Finals at the MLG Studios in New York. He was defeated 4-1 by Kane, and took second place in the tournament.
State competed at the 2013 MLG Spring Championship in Anaheim, California, starting on June 28th, 2013. He reached the third round of the winner's bracket, where he lost to HuK and dropped to the loser's bracket, where he lost his first match against TheStC.
In WCS America 2013 Season 2 Challenger League, he defeated TheStC but lost to HerO, again dropping to the Group Stage in the second round. In a three-man group with Arthur and HyuN, he defeated HyuN 2-0 in his first match but lost 0-2 to Arthur. He played against HyuN again, who had received a walkover over viOLet, but this time lost 1-2. He remained in Challenger League for Season 3 with a 5-6 score while HyuN advanced to Premier League with a 2-3 score.
State on StarCraft
State on Starcraft was a weekly column by State, published on gamefront.com. These columns included his unique perspective on all things StarCraft, with tips, tricks and stories from the front line of competitive play.
- Qualified for IPL Season 2 without realizing that's what he was qualifying for.
- Competed in GSL Code B but was unable to advance in 2014 Season 1 or 2.
- Is the second foreigner to join a Korean Proleague team for StarCraft II and the first American to do so after MajOr spent time with the 8th Team in 2013.
- Starred in one of Khaldor's videos showcasing his APM.
- 2014-03-27 | Behind the Scenes with State by Skye Bui of Team acer
- 2014-10-17 | Behind The Nickname by TrAiDoS
- 2013-10-15 | ROOT.State interview at IEM New York by monk of Teamliquid.net at IEM Season VIII New York
- 2013-09-27 | StarCraft II Pro Ryan Visbeck Explains The State Of ESports Rivalries by John Gaudiosi of Gameskinny.com
- 2013-08-30 | Meet State: The new ROOT recruit - Byte Size by Red Bull at Red Bull Training Grounds 2
- 2013-08-23 | Ryan "State" Visbeck - LANHammer 2013 by Ian of flamingcow.tv at LANHAMMER 2013
- 2013-08-02 | Interview: Inside Red Bull's Training Grounds For Pro Gamers by Tamika Moultrie of complex.com
- 2013-07-18 | The State of State: A Q&A with Ryan Visbeck by Red Bull
- 2013-06-30 | State - MLG Anaheim 2013 by Gwin of flamingcow.tv at 2013 MLG Spring Championship
- 2011-10-29 | TesPA Texas Showdown - Interviews of QxGiNkA and vileState before the Grand Final by iNcontroL at [Texas Showdown]
- ↑ Hello! I Am ‘State,’ Pro StarCraft 2 Player. How Can I Help You?
- ↑ Quantic Gaming absorbs Vile Gaming roster
- ↑ pPingu (2012-12-04). "Quantic Gaming disbands". TeamLiquid.net. Retrieved 2013-05-04.
- ↑ on StarCraft: Ryan ‘State’ Visbeck joins ROOT Gaming
- ↑ A Farewell to State root-gaming.com
- ↑ State officially joins Prime
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://www.gamefront.com/gamefront-partners-with-state-professional-starcraft-player/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ihAbSnEHE