- Not to be confused with SonicTV BJ Starleague (SSL).
The StarCraft II StarLeague (or SSL for short) is a large tournament-based League held on location in South Korea and holds multiple events each year. Started by SPOTV in 2015.
The first tournament in the league was the 2015 StarCraft II StarLeague Season 1.
The SSL is an elaborate tournament which is separated into two tiers:
- Main Event contains the top tier players who are competing against each other to win the SSL
- Challenge contains players who are competing against each other to enter the Main Event.
- 32 players in a single round of 16 Up-and-Down matches.
- 28 players come from the qualifiers and 4 players who are seeded.
- Matches are Best-of-five.
- The winner of the Bo5 advance to the Group Stage.
- The loser of the Bo5 is eliminated and may qualify through next season's qualifiers.
- Group Stage
- 16 players in four groups of 4 players each, played in a double-elimination format.
- Matches ares Best-of-three.
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and play each other.
- The winners of these matches will then face each other in the Winner’s match.
- The winner places first in the group and advances to the Playoffs.
- The losers of the initial matches face each other in the Loser’s match.
- The loser places fourth in the group and may qualify through next season's qualifiers.
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match.
- The winner places second place in the group and advances to the Playoffs.
- The loser places third in the group and may qualify through next season's qualifiers.
- 8 players in a single-elimination bracket.
- Quarterfinals: Best-of-five.
- Semifinals: Best-of-seven.
- Finals: Best-of-seven.
The SSL map pool is an ever-evolving set of maps. Players are each allowed to veto one map for each match.
Medals won per Race
As of August 2017 :
Medals won per Player
Medals won per Team
- Note: Medals won per Team shows the team that a player was on when the medal was won, not their current team.