- This article is for the Legacy of the Void multiplayer version. For the Heart of the Swarm version, see Siege Tank (Heart of the Swarm). For the Wings of Liberty version, see Siege Tank (Wings of Liberty).
3.15 (Tank mode)
0.0 (Siege mode)
The long-ranged Siege Tank is a Mechanical unit built from a Factory with an attached Tech Lab and high damage versus Armored like Roaches and Stalkers. Against smaller units, the Siege Tank can switch to the stationary Siege Mode to deal splash damage from longer range.
In siege mode, Siege Tanks do 40 (+30 against armored) splash damage. This damage decreases in a radius around the epicenter: units (whether hostile or friendly) within .4687 matrices of the target take full damage, units between .4687 and .7812 matrices of the target take 50% damage, and units between .7812 and 1.25 matrices from the target take 25% damage.
Single-Target Damage of a Siege Tank
|| vs. Light
|| vs. Armored
|| 15 (+2)
|| 20.3 (+2.7)
|| 25 (+3)
|| 33.8 (+4.1)
|| 40 (+4)
|| 18.7 (+1.87)
|| 70 (+5)
|| 32.7 (+2.34)
Upgrades in Sieged Tank vs Sieged Tank
|| 3 (207)
|| 3 (204)
|| 3 (201)
|| 3 (198)
|| 3 (222)
|| 3 (219)
|| 3 (216)
|| 3 (213)
|| 3 (237)
|| 3 (234)
|| 3 (231)
|| 3 (228)
|| 3 (252)
|| 3 (249)
|| 3 (246)
|| 3 (243)
At the top, the Armor Level of the attacked tank. On the left, the Weapons Level of the attacking tank. In each cell is the number of shots required to kill the tank, and in parentheses the total damage inflicted.
- As of Patch 3.8.0, an attacking Sieged Tank will never take more or less than 3 shots to kill an undamaged enemy tank. However, this does not render Terran's weapons upgrade useless as splash damage may cause another tank to reach lethal in less than three shots.
Deploys into Siege Mode. In this mode, Siege Tanks have very long range and inflict area damage. Siege Tanks in this mode cannot move or attack targets at close range.
Reverts to Tank Mode. In this mode, Siege Tanks can move, but they do less damage.
- The Siege Tank's greatest asset is its range of 13. This is 2 matrices greater than the Tank's vision, so maximization of tank effectiveness requires a spotter, such as a Viking, Reaper or Xel'Naga Tower (or sacrificing Orbital Command energy for a Scanner Sweep). Placing Siege Tanks behind cliff ledges or a Wall-Off will obstruct an opponent's ground army from bum rushing into the Tanks more effectively. Also, to note floating Terran units act as both spots and a mobile Wall-Off that has been commonly used.
- Against high health units like the Colossus and Ultralisks the Liberator can be produced from a Reactor and has higher single target damage, making it easier to produce (Usually) 2 Starports late game; rather than the amount of Factories needed for the ground only Siege Tank. Making the Tank more of a early to mid game defence unit before mass Medivacs are produced. Against Zerg is when producing smaller units consistently, it seems Widow Mines and Liberators are produced in tandem (a Reactor-heavy match-up to begin with).
- Gives strong defence and at 3 or more Siege Tanks can give a timing attack before Stimpack, this is especially strong against the Photon Overcharge of Pylons that Protoss rely on for early game defence.
- Siege Tanks remain the standard Vespene Gas dump unit for countering mass Marine armies, unless one Terran massed Hellions, from both sides.
- Ready to roll out!
- Fueled up, ready to go!
- What's that?
- Speak up.
- Go ahead.
- Need somethin' blown up?
- What's our target?
- Got no patience for sittin' around.
- Lay it on me.
- Give us your best shot.
- Why don't you walk about 30 yards out and stand still for me?
- I love the smell of burnin' wreckage in the morning.[q 1]
- I don't have to shoot you, I can run you over.
- Hehe. Man, I just love blowin' things up.
- Let me hear your guns, boys. -siege cannon fire-
- Why can't I quit you, siege tank? [q 2]
- And here it is, a long drive up the fairway, he takes the shot and... -siege cannon shot- Woah! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!
- Nothin' like getting... Tanked with your buddies.
- It's way past time I'd dispense some indiscriminate justice.
- If the guns are churnin', your ass is burnin'. If the guns are blazin', you ass is... erasin'. I don't know, what do you want from me?
- Rock and roll!
- Can do!
- I'll give it my best shot.
- Rollin' out.
- Heavy metal.
- On my way!
- I never tread lightly.
- Oh, it's on!
- Ride on!
- It's on me.
- Yes Sir!
- Let's roll!
- This'll be a blast!
- It's boom time!
- Ready to drop the hammer.
- Pound 'em flat.
- Good night now.
- Got 'em in my sights.
- Collateral is my favorite kind of damage.
- Music to my ears.
- Let's get 'em!
- Ranged in!
- ↑ from Apocalypse Now
- ↑ from Brokeback Mountain
Siege Tank's quotes (video and sound) - YouTube video.
| Patch 2.5.5 Balance Update #6
- The delay before a Siege Tank in Siege Mode firing when being dropped by a Medivac has been increased from 0.53 to 1.43 seconds.
| Patch 3.8.0 
- Health increased from 160 to 175.
- Damage in Siege Mode increased from 35 (+15 vs armored) to 40 (+30 vs armored).
- Siege Tanks can no longer be picked up by Medivacs when in Siege Mode.
- Crucio Shock Cannon weapon attack period changed from 2 to 2.14.