The Sennheiser Cup, hosted by the Electronic Sports League (ESL), is a sixteen week cup series culminating with the grand final at Gamescom in Germany, during the IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Cologne. One cup was played per week on Saturday. The winner of a cup earns €100 and qualifies for the playoffs.
€5,000 are spread among the players as seen below:
Converted USD prizes are based on the currency exchange rate (taken from xe.com) on August 20, 2011: 1 EUR = 1.4397 USD.
€1,600 were divided as €100 for each qualified player.
- 512 participants, Single-elimination, One Day Tournament
- Best of one rounds until the Round of 16, Best of three Quarter- and Semi-Finals, Best of Five Finals
- Winner qualifies to the playoffs and is awarded €100.
- 16 participants, winners of each Weekly Cup
- All rounds up to finals will be Best of Three and played online
- Finals were played at Gamescom and were Best of five
The Playoff's finalists will play the Grand Finals at Gamescom in Germany.
|Round of 16