From Liquipedia Starcraft 2 Wiki
As in Starcraft: Brood War, WarCraft III and many other RTS games, StarCraft II retains the ability to save and view replays with a number of new and interesting features. The file sizes are still relatively small and average about 100kb for a 15 minute game. Replays are saved and stored in a special folder called "StarCraft II" in the user's Documents folder. If you disconnect from Battle.net while watching a replay you will be able to continue watching the replay until you exit the replay, where you will have to reconnect.
The StarCraft II Replay system has a number of improvements and new features compared to Brood War replays. These are listed below:
- Rewinding - As you play through a replay, you can now jump back to any point in the replay that you have already seen and view it again.
- Player Selection - You can see which player has what selected via broken circle around units in the player colour and what commands are being issued.
- Player Camera - You can view a players First-Person view at any time to see exactly what they were doing at any point in time.
- Unit Following - You can lock the camera to any unit to follow it around the map. To do this select the unit and press + + .
- Replay Overlay - An overlay in the top left displays various information for every player as chosen by the viewer. These options are listed below.
- one - Closes the box.
- esources - Displays Mineral, Gas and Supply counters.
- workers. ncome - Displays resource mining over a set period of time and the number of
- resources are being spent, either on Economy, Technology or Army. pending - Displays where
- nits - Displays number of units.
- Units ost - Displays number of lost units.
- Pro uction - Displays all research, construction and production taking place.
- rmy - Displays Army units in terms of resource cost and total Supply stats.
- APAPM. Due to Game Speed issues, these are currently inaccurate. - Displays average and current
- In a 1v1 game, both players’ resource rows are shown in the upper right at the same time.
- The main game UI can now be hidden/shown by pressing + .
- The ability to toggle between player unit colors and team unit colors when watching a replay or observing by pressing + .
- New bigger panels are now available when observing or viewing a replay of 1v1 games. These panels are large and are shown in the top center portion of the screen:
- Player Name Panel: Displays the players' name, team color, race, and supply count - + .
- Current Income: + .
- Army and Worker supply: + .
- Units and Workers killed: + .
- Current APM: + .
- If you've lost a key unit in a game, for example the blue player's Banshee, you may be able to find it by selecting a blue unit and finding it on the control group display. Just double click the control group the Banshee is in and the camera will focus on the units.
- By holding when having a unit of one player selected your vision will switch to that of the player until you release .