- This article is for the Heart of the Swarm multiplayer version, for the Wings of Liberty version see: Reaper (Wings of Liberty).
The Reaper is a Light-Armor Raider with excellent freedom of movement. This unit can now be produced by a Barracks without an attached Tech Lab. It still remains a costly & fragile unit; avoiding enemy fire and use of Bunkers for protection is advised.
Reapers are commonly used as a Hit & Run tactics against Workers and Melee units thanks to its ability to travel up and down cliffs, making it easy to abuse enemy unit's Melee range. With increased health and the Combat Drugs ability, Reapers can tank some damage for Marines for early rushes or harassing the enemy's worker lines; but fall quickly in prolonged fights as the original Reaper did as well.
|Allows Reapers to travel up and down cliffs.
|Heals 2 HP every second if the Reaper is not attacked for 10 seconds.
 Competitive Usage
- Due to high Vespene Gas cost these units are NOT considered disposable like Marines, and need to be kept alive to keep the benefits of the threat of Reapers backstabbing an opposing player that wishes to play aggressively against a Reaper opening.
- Reapers can, somewhat, Tank damage and heal themselves, in place of Marines, in the early game for a Reactor-based rush opening.
- Having been drastically changed from the Wings of Liberty counterpart, Heart of the Swarm Reapers no longer have a specific anti-Building attack or a bonus damage to Light units.
 Vs. Protoss
 Vs. Terran
 Vs. Zerg
- The grim reaper has arrived.
- What, you want something?
- Fear the reaper man.
- Death from above.
- Got something for me to kill?
- I'm listening.
- What's it worth?
- The life of the reaper man is always intense.[q 1]
- Dammit I'm out of stims.
- These jets are burning my ass!
- I ain't got time to bleed.[q 2]
- You can't get it cheaper, call the reaper.
- I'm bringing the pain and the pizza in 30 minutes, or it's free.[q 3]
- I make dead people.[q 4]
- I'm going commando!
- To Tarsonis, and beyond.[q 5]
- I thought I was signing up to be a repo man, imagine my surprise.
- This is ground control to Major Tom.[q 6]
- Ahh, I like you. That's why I'm gonna kill you last.[q 7]
- I'm going, I'm going!
- Let's do this.
- Oh yeah baby.
- Oh, that's all?
- On the way.
- Nothin' I can't handle.
- Fair enough.
- Yes, indeed.
- Ready to plunder.
- Here comes the pain!
- Gonna' have me some fun.
- It's on now!
- Whole lot a' pain.
- Hit and run!
- ↑ from Repo Man
- ↑ from Predator
- ↑ from Snow Crash
- ↑ from The Sixth Sense
- ↑ from Toy Story
- ↑ from David Bowie's Space Oddity
- ↑ from Commando
Reaper's quotes (video and sound) - YouTube video.
 Patch Changes
| Balance Update #2 
- New passive ability called Combat Awareness added, which allows reapers to see up cliffs.
| Balance Update #8 
- Base speed increased from 2.95 to 3.375
- Upgraded speed increased from 3.84 to 4.25.
| Balance Update #11 
- Train Reaper no longer requires a Tech Lab Addon.
- The Battlefield Awareness passive ability has been removed from the game.
- Movement speed increased from 3.38 to 3.75.
- The Nitro Packs upgrade has been removed from the game.
- P-45 Gauss Pistol weapon damage decreased from 4 +5 vs. Light to 4.
| Balance Update #12 
- Reaper health increased from 50 to 60.