Paul "ReDeYe" Chaloner is a British Counterstrike and Quake shoutcaster. More recently he has hosted several notable StarCraft II events, such as WCS Europe and DreamHack Winter 2012. In 2002, a friend approached him and asked if he'd like to Shoutcast a Quake game. ReDeYe agreed, despite not really knowing what he was getting into. However, he and his audience loved it, and ReDeYe casted multiple more small tournaments over the next 18 months. In 2004, he was approached by djWHEAT, to work for Radio iTG. With some reluctance, ReDeYe agreed and over the next two years shoutcasted many big tournaments for them, including WCG 2005, where he met Nick 'Tasteless' Plott. However, in late 2006, ReDeYe retired from shoutcasting as he'd run out of money, and promised to go into a more 'normal' job.
But this was not to be the case, because in early 2007, he and djWHEAT got an offer from the company CGS to shoutcast for them. ReDeYe moved to the US, and 2007 and 2008, completed 100s of TV shows all over the world, for companies such as Sky and ESPN. When the recession hit, ReDeYe lost his job and all of his tournament contracts, apart from WCG. ReDeYe had another break from esports, before joining Heaven Media to 'help run their expanding esports empire of websites'. In this time, ReDeYe learned much about social media just as it was kicking off.
ReDeYe kept casting at WCG right up until 2011, until he realised just how huge the foreign scene was getting as well, with companies like MLG and ESL bringing in amazing numbers. During this time he was working for a company called Fresh Egg, as their Head of Social Media, using the skills he learnt from Heaven Media. He intends to resign from this position in January 2013, to move to ESL and enhance their website. In 2012, he was first introduced to StarCraft II, and has so far hosted tournaments such as IEM, DreamHack, WCS and smaller European events.
In March, 2015, ReDeYe announced that he would step down from his position at ESL as a host/commentator in order to pursue other opportunities in eSport. The day after, he joined Gfinity as head of broadcasting.
Wings of Liberty
So far ReDeYe has hosted:
- 2012 DreamHack Winter
- 2012 DreamHack Bucharest 
- WCS EU Finals
- Multiplay UK i46
- WCS UK Finals
- WCS Germany Finals
- Has 3 children.
- Is one of the oldest personalities in esports.
- Was one of the first shoutcasters in the world.
- He plays Terran.
- 2014-06-17 | ReDeYe: Bringing the many colours of ReDeYe to ESL One by Carrie "Hydro" Mok of ESLGaming.com
- 2014-06-13 | Paul 'ReDeYe' Chaloner talks ESL One Frankfurt, casting, and the future of e-sports by Chris Thursten of PCGamer.com
- 2014-03-26 | ReDeYe: "My 15-year-old daughter went into Twitch chat" by "Hot_Bid" of Teamliquid.net at WCS EU S1 2014
- 2013-09 | Interview with ReDeYe: "WCS could do a much better job of allowing or integrating other tournaments" by "Nydra" of GosuGamers.net
- ↑ Real Talk with ReDeYe YouTube.com 16th October 2012
- ↑ Paul Chaloner joins Gfinity as head of broadcasting dailydot.com 11th March 2015
- ↑ Complete list of all events and TV shows ReDeYe has attended.
- ↑ Who the hell is ReDeYe? TeamLiquid.net September 1st 2012
- ↑ ReDeYe plays Terran May 26th 2013, WCS Europe S1 Finals: Day 2