The Proleague was the Premier Brood War Team League, It was formerly hosted on both cable channels, OnGameNet and MBCGame, while a company called IEG held the broadcasting rights. It is now solely broadcast on OGN as MBC closed down its gaming doors.
In 2012, ProLeague switched from Brood War to StarCraft II, first holding a Hybrid League, then fully switching later in the year.
For Brood War Seasons See: Brood War Proleague
|2011-2012 SK Planet Proleague Season 2||2011-2012 (2012-05-20 – 2012-09-22)||CJ Entus||Samsung KHAN||2-0|
|2012-2013 SK Planet Proleague||2012-2013 (2012-12-08 – 2013-08-03)||STX SouL||Woongjin Stars||4-2|
|2014 SK Telecom Proleague||2014 (2013-12-29 – 2014-08-09)||KT Rolster||SK Telecom T1||4-2|
|2015 SK Telecom Proleague||2015 (2014-12-23 – 2015-10-10)||SK Telecom T1||Jin Air Green Wings||4-2|
|2016 SK Telecom Proleague||2016 (2016-02-01 – 2016-??-??)||TBD||TBD|
|Current 7 Official Pro Teams|
|SK Telecom T1||KT Rolster||CJ Entus||MVP|
|Afreeca Freecs||Samsung Galaxy||Jin Air Green Wings|
The maps get renewed every season. These are often commissioned by KeSPA for the Proleague. The 2008-09 season of Proleague was the first to feature periodic breaks, during which KeSPA could change the map pool. They took advantage of that rule for the first time in November 2008 switching the map Raid Assault II for Rush Hour 3. The Map Pool for a specific season can be found on a seasons overview page.
The Proleague has been through many Format changes since its creation in 2003, The current season uses a Best of 5 match up, for the Regular season, the finals will be a Best of 7, in either instance, no player may play twice per match.
To see an older specific format, visit an older Proleague overview page.
- Hybrid BW/SC2 proleague Rules:
- KeSPA's rules apply to all Proleague games.
- A Player playing BW for 1 Match must play Starcraft 2 for their next Match and vice versa.
- The player entered for the Ace Game can be one that has already played. (In BW or Sc2 for the Hybrid League)
- If two teams have the exact same record after the end of the regular period, two players will be chosen to play a single Ace Match that will determine which team will advance.
- StarCraft II Proleague Rules:
|StarCraft II Top 10|
For Brood War History See: Brood War Proleague.