- This article is for the Legacy of the Void multiplayer version. For the previous expansions' multiplayer version, see Nexus (Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm).
The Nexus (plural Nexi, Nexuses, nexūs) is the fundamental building for the Protoss. It warps in the Protoss worker, the Probe. Since Heart of the Swarm, after the Cybernetics Core is built, the Nexus can also produce the Mothership. The Nexus is also capable of casting the Chrono Boost spell, which gives a bonus to production and research. All harvested minerals and Vespene Gas must be returned by Probes to the Nexus in order to become available for use. Along with the Assimilator and Pylon, the Nexus is one of only a few Protoss structures that does not require a Psionic Matrix. While Nexuses can theoretically be built anywhere on the map, they are almost always built as close as possible to mineral patches and Vespene Geysers.
At the beginning of the game, Protoss players start with an initial Nexus, providing 15 supply points, and twelve initial Probes. The Chrono Boost spell is also activated on the Nexus. From that first Nexus, the player can immediately warp in additional Probes.
Places target structure in a Chrono Boost, causing it to operate 100% faster for 10 seconds.
Recalls all units owned by the player in the target area to the Nexus.
| Patch 1 (version 0.3.0.14093)
- Chrono Boost can no longer target allies.
| Patch 2 (version 0.4.0.14133)
- Chrono Boost: The duration was decreased from 30 to 20.
| Patch 1.1.2
- Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.
| Patch 4.0.0 
- Chrono Boost costs 50 energy and causes the target structure to operate 100% faster for 10 seconds.
- Nexus now has energy, 200 maximum.
- Nexus starting energy is 50.
- "Mass Recall" ability recalls units owned by the player in the target area to the Nexus.
- 50 energy cost.
- Warp out pause duration is 3.6 seconds.
- Warp in duration is 0.4 seconds.
- 130 second global cooldown for all Mass Recalls across all Nexus structures.
- New defensive structure: Shield Battery.
- Recharges the shields of nearby friendly units.
- Warped in by Probes.
- Requires Cybernetics Core.
- 75 mineral cost.
- 28.6 second warp in duration.
- 200 Shields/200 Health/100 Maximum and starting Energy
- Restores shields of a single friendly unit within 6 range.
- Shields restore at 50.4 shields per second, drains 1 energy for every 3 shields restored.
- Auto-cast affects units and Photon Cannons only.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment (14 November 2017). "STARCRAFT II 4.0 PATCH NOTES". Battle.net.