NEO Star League 2012 Season 2
1v1, Team league into single elimination bracket
¥83,000 (≃ $13,315)
NEO Star League 2012 Season 2 is a StarCraft II Tournament hosted by Chinese Esports broadcasting company NEOTV, and is its second event featuring StarCraft II. The previous NSLs featured StarCraft: Brood War and Warcraft III.
At the nomination ceremony, instead of picking players into groups, each player pick one player into his/her team, starting from the top 4 players of NEO Star League 2012 Season 1. 16 total players will be drawn into 4 teams.
- Stage 1 - Working as a team
- The four teams play in a EGMCSL format, single-elimination mini team league, to determine numbers of RO8 seeds given to each team.
- Winner of the mini team league wins three seeds to round of 8.
- Runner-up wins two and a half seeds to round of 8.
- Third place team wins one and a half seed to round of 8.
- Only one player from the last place team can advance to round of 8.
- Stage 2 - Brothers into enemies
- Once seeds have been decided, each team turns into a normal tournament group, in which 4 players will play a 4-man double elimination bracket to determine who will advance to round of 8.
- Top 3 players from the winning team advance to round of 8.
- Top 2 players from the runner-up team advance to round of 8. The third place player will have to play a extended BO3 series against the second place player from the third place team for one round of 8 spot.
- First place from the third place team advances to round of 8. The second place player will have to play a extended BO3 series against the third place player from the runner-up team for one round of 8 spot.
- Only the first place player from the last place team will advance to round of 8.
- Stage 3 - Road to victory
- Round of 8 and above will be a normal single elimination bracket.
- RO8, semifinals and third place match are BO5.
- Grand Finals is BO7.
83,000 CNY (~13,315 USD) is spread among the players as seen below:
*Converted prizes calculated on December 22, 2012 with a currency rate of 1 CNY = 0.160404 USD provided by http://www.xe.com/.
* Ian replaces DreAm, who is not able to participate due to passport/visa issues.