In Starcraft: Brood War, custom made maps created mostly by professional Korean mapmakers played a role in developing the game which cannot be overestimated. How this is going to continue is difficult to determine. The automated matchmaking on battle.net may force a lower number of regularly used maps.
- Choke Points
- Rich Mineral Fields
- Xel'Naga Towers
- Destructible Rocks
- Sight Blockers
- Destructible Towers
- Unbuildable Rocks
Retired/Inactive Mapmaking Teams
- Map of the Month is an organization dedicated to highlighting and promoting well-made maps.
- Map Jam & Challenge is an on-going monthly competition to inspire creativity in mapmaking.
- See Community Maps for a list of community-made maps listed by mapmaker.
- See Melee Maps for some custom made maps.
- See Category-Maps for a list of everything map related on Liquipedia.
- See sc2melee.net for a list of every Starcraft II map with ratings by users.