From Liquipedia StarCraft 2 Wiki
- April 5, 2016
- A new box has been added to the Main page. It is named "Matches", and includes ongoing and upcoming matches. The list is created via Semantic Media Wiki, using matches with a date and time on Liquipedia. The list will update every 5 minutes.
- March 5, 2016
- Liquipedia Commons is officially launched. On the other Liquipedia wikis, uploading has been disabled, as all files will have to be uploaded to the Commons wiki. This centralized file resource will help us be more consistent for some images such as team logos or to share player photos across several wikis.
- September 29, 2015
- The wiki software has been upgraded, from MediaWiki 1.22.5 to 1.25.2.
- The skins had to be updated, but the visual result should be the same. One exception is that lock icons for HTTPS links are gone.
- Category pages can now be moved. It is not a category move though, just a move of the page for the category.
- The extension VideoFlash has been replaced by EmbedVideo for video embeds (mainly YouTube videos). This also means support for HTML5 videos has been dropped.
- February 27, 2015
- Images thumbnails aligned right no longer require that the right side is cleared of any other element and will now stack on top of ads, infoboxes, or each other.
- January 15, 2015
- Template:Infobox_Player_2 was replaced by a refreshed version of Template:Infobox_Player
StarCraft II News
- March 30, 2016 — Patch 3.2.0 is out!
- The patch includes Nova Covert Ops, the first mission pack with three new missions, a new Co-op Mission, and more.
- December 17, 2015 — Blizzard Entertainment releases information about the 2016 StarCraft II World Championship Series
- A bigger prize pool, more support to regional cups, two regions (WCS Korea and WCS Circuit), and more... Read more...
- November 10, 2015 — Blizzard Entertainment releases Legacy of the Void!
- October 6, 2015 — Blizzard Entertainment releases Patch 3.0.
- September 13, 2015 — Legacy of the Void cinematic revealed and release date announced
- June 17, 2015 — Whispers of Oblivion, prologue to Legacy of the Void, announced
- May 27, 2015 — Legacy of the Void Balance Patch 2.5.2!
- May 11, 2015 — Legacy of the Void Balance Update Preview!
- April 27, 2015 — Legacy of the Void Balance Update Preview!
- March 24, 2015 — New Ladder Maps for 2015 Season 2
Many players who won a Major tournament, even a Premier tournament, have been forgotten. To make their mark on StarCraft II history, some players accomplished outstanding performances.
NesTea had a Code S participation streak so long that the GSL organisers created an trophy named after him, the NesTea Award. MMA was the first player to win a Premier Tournament in three different regions (Europe, North America and Korea) to earn the figurative Triple Crown. Several players became Royal Roaders by winning one of the most prestigious leagues after entering it for the first time.
Read more by clicking on the links in this paragraph.