MC's 7 Gate 1 Gas All-in (vs. Zerg)
|This strategy has been validated to work for patch 1.5.3.|
This build is a very aggressive version of the standard 7 Gate timing-attack. The goal of this build is to either kill or cripple your opponent by destroying their third base and doing significant Drone damage. Because this build delays both economy and Tech for a strong timing-attack, it will be very hard for you to come back to a stable state if you fail to deal enough damage with your attack. Because of this, almost every game you use this build in will be won or lost with the 7 Gate push.
Basic Build Order
- There are no upgrades from the Forge in this version of the 7 Gate as you will need all of your resources to make attacking units.
- Cut your Probe production at 36.
- Warpgate Research and all of your Gateways should be finished at ~7:30.
Your scouting will rely entirely on the Probe that builds the first Pylon so make sure not to lose it too easily. As you will not be getting Observers nor Hallucination, you will not be able to scout for most of the game: This is not a big issue as you commit to your build very early in the game and should be dictating the course of the game from that point onwards.
- Start placing multiple proxy Pylons (hidden if possible) near the Zerg's third base whilst Warpgate Research is being conducted. Use your Zealot/Stalker to defend your Probe whilst doing this. It is crucial to have a Pylon ready to warp-in since your attack depends on being early; do not hesitate to have 2 or more Probes building Pylons around the map.
- You should have no more than 36 Probes.
- At ~7:30 all your Gateways should be finishing at the same time as Warpgate Research. You should have enough resources to warp-in around 5 Stalkers and 2 Zealots. After this, each warp-in cycle should consist of as many Stalkers as you can afford to build followed by Zealots. It is critical to keep your Stalkers alive as you cannot afford to replace them.
- Your Zealots will not be able to attack Roaches on Creep if the Zerg uses proper micro.
- Use your Zealots as wall to tank for your Stalkers. Always back your Stalkers off when you run out of Zealots, and make sure not to let Zerglings surround your Stalkers.
- If your opponent manages to defend, start up your Probe production and build all of your Assimilators. Warp-in only Sentries and build Photon Cannons so that you can try to defend any counter-attacks with Force Fields and Cannons. You will want to get a Robotics Facility followed by a Robotics Support Bay, as you'll ultimately be forced into going for a 2 Base all-in with Colossi and Gateway units. Do not forget to get upgrades!
Replays And VODs
|MC||Use of this build against a standard 3 Hatchery opening.|
|MC||Use of this build against a standard 3 Hatchery opening. Showcases the importance of an early proxy Pylon.|
|Socke||Use of this build against a standard 3 Hatchery opening.|