Liquipedia:How to Contribute
Liquipedia aims to be the definitive source for all things StarCraft. This site is a wiki, which means that it is user-driven and dependent on your contributions. We welcome any and all contributions; the information on this page is to help you get started.
 Formatting and Good English
We have an easy-to-follow template for almost every type of page. Check the List of Templates page for a list of almost any type of page you want to make or wiki-template you want to use! All coding is done for you. If you need some extra code done, just find us in IRC at #liquipedia on QuakeNet.
 Copy Editing
There is always room to improve the spelling, grammar, and tone of most of our articles. Even without much factual knowledge, you can help us improve the quality of articles on this wiki.
We try to enforce a style guide with the intent of giving the wiki a more unified look. Treat it as a guideline, as other people can always clean up your work later.
 Factual Content:Leagues, Maps, Players, Teams
 Who and what to add?
Players may receive their individual pages, as long as they surpass a certain threshold of notability. Check the bullet points below. If your chosen player fits at least one of these, then they are likely notable to warrant a page on this wiki.
- Previous history: If the player was a pro-gamer in another game (Warcraft 3, StarCraft: Brood War...)
- Achievements: If the player has earned at least 250 EUR($340 USD) in tournaments
- Sponsored: If the player is a notable member of a major team.
- Strategies: If this player has made widely known strategies.
- Liquipedia Links: If the player has accrued five or more links from tournaments, strategies, or shows, (discount any link that are related to the player's team and their pages.)
To create a new player page, follow Player Template.
The purpose of an article's achievements paragraph is to display the most notable achievements that have been earned thus far by a player. This section needs to be as concise as possible, meaning that it should not include every single thing that a player has done in their career. The categories of achievements that are relevant or not in this section are listed below:
- Top 4 in any premier tournament.
- Top 4 in any major tournament.
- Top 2 in any local LAN with a prize and multiple notable players.
- Winning a live LAN is a more notable event due to the less common nature of them and the relative prestige behind winning an event.
- Top 4 in any country-limited tournament, such as a national championship.
- Winning a tournament like this singles out a player as the best in their respective country. Because the entrants are limited there there is more leeway with entrants.
- All Kills in All-Kill Format Team Events
- Golden Card Most Valuable Player in GSTL
 Middle Ground
- Exceptions are made for qualifiers. If a tournament is a qualifier for a major tournament and falls under the below category then it can be added as an achievement. An example of this would be the WCG Qualifiers.
- Weekly tournament (with a prize pool) 1st place
 Not Accepted
- Second/third/fourth places in weekly tournaments.
- Daily tournaments
- No-Prize Events
- Events without prizes such as showmatches or exhibition events should not be included.
- Weekly events without prize pool should not be included.
|Premier Events||GSL - OSL - IPL - MLG...|
|Major Events||FXOpen Invitational Series, HomeStory Cup...|
|Misc. Events||Justin.tv Invitational 1...|
|Weekly Cups||CraftCup - GameCreds Cup - Go4SC2 - ZOTAC Cup...|
|Team Events||GSTL - IPL TAC - Proleague||All Kill of team Liquipedia|
|Team Events||GSTL||Most Valuable Player Gold Card|
 To create a team page or not to create?
When to create
If the team fulfills two of the following:
- The team is a well-established eSport organisation with a number of sponsors;
- At least one player with international achievements, or at least two players with a Liquipedia page;
- Achievements in team leagues with a Liquipedia page.
When not to create
- A start-up clan with no history and no organization;
- No international achievements
- No website/social media
Leagues and tournaments with a cash prize of at least $50 should be added right away for documentary purposes.
We try to accumulate as much information about maps as possible. Map pages usually include notable features, but also stuff like wall-ins for Terran and Protoss or Sim-City for Zerg.
See the strategy article policy.
 User pages
Completely optional, but make your userpage a good indication of who you are! Feel free to be friendly or use some Userboxes to spruce things up.