|Leenock after winning the 2012 MLG Summer Championship|
|Romanized Name:||Lee Dong Nyoung|
|Birth:||April 1, 1995|
|Team:||yoe Flash Wolves|
|WCS Rank (Points):||#62 (250 points)|
2010-??-?? - 2011-07-18
2011-07-18 - 2013-10-31
2013-10-31 - 2013-12-25
2014-01-28 - Present
Wings of Liberty
Leenock made his first competitive appearance in the GOMTV 2010 Sony Ericsson Starcraft II Open Season 2, representing fOu. Being 15 years old when he first entered, he was one of the youngest players to play in the GSL, behind Life and Maru. He gained recognition by reaching the Round of 16 where he faced off against NaDa and managed to take a set with a 6 pool before ultimately losing the match 1-2. He would again qualify for the Season 3 and reach the Round of 16, where he would lose 1-2 to MarineKing. During this season, he played a famous series against Clide where he eventually won 2-1. His performance qualified him for the inaugural Code S season in 2011. During this time period, casters Artosis and Tasteless have praised Leenock as a player with "unlimited potential".
Leenock was one of the initial Code S players, but would drop to Code A after the first season, taking 3rd place in his Ro32 group. Leenock competed in the first two GSTL seasons as a player of fOu and later for FXOpen e-Sports after fOu's acquisition in July. While in Code A, Leenock took 3rd place during the second, fourth and fifth seasons. After the Up & Down matches, Leenock re-qualified for Code S, for the October GSL season. He would lose 1-2 to GanZi in the Round of 16, but would qualify for the November GSL season.
In October, Leenock traveled to Las Vegas along with teammate Lucky to participate in IPL 3. However he was not allowed to participate due to the tournament taking place in a casino and him not being of full age.
His first major international event was the 2011 MLG National Championship in Providence where he stormed through the Open Bracket, defeating five MLG champions (MMA, IdrA, HuK, Mvp and NaNiwa) and two GSL Code S champions (MMA and Mvp). He ultimately met the unstoppable-looking NaNiwa in the grand finals. NaNiwa used greedy Forge Fast Expand PvZ play throughout the tournament that stomped Zerg titans like DongRaeGu and NesTea. After falling behind one game, Leenock recognized the greediness of NaNiwa's play and used roach-ling cheeses to eventually defeat the swede 4-1. Leenock sported an overall 34-7 record by the end of the tournament. During this time, Leenock was the only player to have won a championship after falling to the Losers Bracket. Throughout his run, "Leenock" was trending worldwide on Twitter, creating large stream numbers, opening up Leenock's popularity worldwide, rather than GSL fans exclusively.
Before competing in MLG Providence, Leenock played in the November GSL season, where he took second place in his Round of 32 group and his Round of 16 group. About a week after MLG, Leenock would advance to the finals of GSL November by defeating Mvp 3-2. With this victory, he became the youngest GSL finalist at the age of 16. Due to hype surrounding Leenock after MLG, he was highly predicted to take GSL, but would lose 2-4 to jjakji. By taking second place in a GSL, Leenock was invited to participate in the Arena of Legends: The King of Kongs, but was eliminated in the first round by TOP and MarineKing.
In August, Leenock won his second MLG title by defeating First 4-1 in the final of the MLG Summer Championship, having come through the Open bracket for a second time. Leenock was then seeded into the MLG Fall Championship group stage and eventually reached the tournament finals, but lost 3-4 to Life.
Heart of the Swarm
Lessons about Leenock's Builds
- 2014-04-02 | Leenock's Macro ZvT Opener (Anti-Mech Variation)[Lucoda's Coaching Corner]
- Surpassed MarineKing in 2011 GSL November as the youngest GSL finalist. He was later surpassed by Life in the 2012 Global StarCraft II League Season 4.
- After winning against CoCa in the round of 16 of GSL March Code A Leenock chugged a can of Coca Cola and crushed it on camera to celebrate his win.
- Although there was some confusion on this subject at MLG Providence, Leenock does go to school .
- The Leenoctopus nickname was coined by tgun during Leenock's 2011 GSL July Code A Semifinals series against Tassadar. The casters for the series were tgun's then-teammates on FXO, Wolf and qxc. During Game 1, qxc suggested that Leenock needs to "spread his creep like an octopus" around the map, which led tgun to suggest the nickname.
- Went to the same high school as Flash. 
- Had more than 1000 APM in the finals against Life of the 2012 MLG Fall Championship according to Apollo.
- Is known for performing PSY's Gangnam Style dance, which he did after winning the MLG Summer Championship 2012 and also after a GSL match win.
- Leenock, alongside Mvp, MarineKing, MC and NesTea, is one of the players who played in the first GSL Wings of Liberty Code S and the last GSL Wings of Liberty Code S.
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2013-04-28||1st||2013 DreamHack Open: Stockholm||3 : 2||NaNiwa||$9,240|
|2012-12-20||3 - 4th||2012 GSL Blizzard Cup||1 : 3||Life||$4,650|
|2012-12-02||1st||IGN ProLeague Season 5||2 : 1||viOLet||$40,000|
|2012-11-04||2nd||2012 MLG Fall Championship||3 : 4||Life||$15,000|
|2012-08-26||1st||2012 MLG Summer Championship||4 : 1||First||$25,000|
|2011-12-03||2nd||2011 Global StarCraft II League November: Code S||2 : 4||jjakji||$17,820|
|2011-11-20||1st||2011 MLG Providence||4 : 1||NaNiwa||$50,000|
|2011-08-22||3 - 4th||2011 Global StarCraft II League August: Code A||1 : 3||MarineKing||$740|
|2011-07-11||3 - 4th||2011 Global StarCraft II League July: Code A||1 : 3||Tassadar||$740|
|2011-03-09||3 - 4th||2011 Global StarCraft II League March: Code A||0 : 2||KangHo||$710|
|In Major Tournaments|
|2012-11-12||1st||2012 Ritmix Russian StarCraft II League Season 2||4 : 3||Scarlett||$3,000|
|2012-10-28||1st||World e-Sports Masters 2012||3 : 0||JYP||$12,000|
|In Premier Team Leagues|