Iron Squid – Chapter II
|Iron Squid – Chapter II|
|Organizer:||Iron Squid Ltd.|
|Game Version:||Wings of Liberty Patch 1.5.3|
|Number of Players:||32|
|9 9 14|
|ESV Cloud Kingdom • GSL Antiga Shipyard • GSL Abyssal City • GSL Grand Lagoon • GSL Daybreak • GSL Ohana • GSL Metropolis • GSL Whirlwind • GSL Entombed Valley|
|Iron Squid – Chapter I|
- "Entombed Valley|GSL Entombed Valley" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Whirlwind|GSL Whirlwind" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Metropolis|GSL Metropolis" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Ohana|GSL Ohana" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Daybreak|GSL Daybreak" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Grand Lagoon|GSL Grand Lagoon" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Abyssal City|GSL Abyssal City" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Antiga Shipyard|GSL Antiga Shipyard" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Cloud Kingdom|ESV Cloud Kingdom" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
The Iron Squid – Chapter II is an offline premier event announced on September 27, 2012. The tournament gathers 32 players from around the world. Twenty-four players were invited to the event and the eight remaining spots were granted via four qualifiers (one for players living in Korea or in SEA on October 13, one for players living in Europe on October 14, one for players living in North America and Latin America on October 20, and an open qualifier on October 21). The semifinals and finals will be held offline on 26 January 2013 in Paris, at Le Palais des Congrès, that can accommodate 3700 spectators.
The event is broadcasted in French by Pomf et Thud, MoMaN, Anoss and Trunks; in English by Wolf, Khaldor, Day, Kaelaris and ToD; and in Russian by Igor. Soe is also making an appearance as host, although mostly on the English stream. Like in the first edition of the Iron Squid, the tournament features original musical themes specially composed for the event by the band In Uchronia.
- Paris, France
- Le Palais des Congrès
- Group Stage:
- 8 groups of 4 players, played online
- GSL style double-elimination groups:
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and play each other in best of 3 matches.
- The winners of these matches will then face each other in the Winner’s match.
- The victor places first in the group and advances to the next round.
- The losers of the initial matches face each other in the Loser’s match.
- The loser places fourth in the group, will drop out of the tournament.
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match.
- The winner gets second place in the group and advances to the next round.
- The loser places third in the group and will drop out of the tournament.
- Round of 16 and Quarterfinals played online in best of 5 matches.
- Semifinals in best of 5 and Finals in best of 7 played offline in Paris.
|Protoss (9)||Terran (9)||Zerg (14)|
|November 28, 2012 21:00 CET|
|Group A Matches|
|December 3, 2012 21:00 CET|
|Group B Matches|
|December 12, 2012 21:00 CET|
|Group C Matches|
|December 16, 2012 21:00 CET|
|Group D Matches|
|December 17, 2012 21:00 CET|
|Group E Matches|
|December 9, 2012 21:00 CET|
|Group F Matches|
|December 23, 2012 21:00 CET|
|Group G Matches|
|December 5, 2012 21:00 CET|
|Group H Matches|
|Round of 32||
|Round of 16||
The organisers of Iron Squid sought the help of musician and composer In Uchronia in order to create a dedicated set of musical themes for the tournament. In addition to the general themes, each player also has their own theme, which is played briefly at the end of any game which they win.