Infested Terran (Legacy of the Void)
- This article is for the Legacy of the Void multiplayer version. For the previous expansions' multiplayer version, see Infested Terran (Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm).
The Infested Terran is a light, ground Zerg unit that is spawned by an Infestor using its Infested Terran spell. The Infestor throws an Infested Swarm Egg, which has 70 HP and takes five seconds to hatch. When it hatches, an Infested Terran emerges with health proportional to the percentage health of the egg, i.e. an egg that's at 50% health hatches an Infested Terran with only 50% health. The Infested Terran lasts for 30 seconds; it can attack up to 34 times during its duration, resulting in a maximum of 272 damage dealt (without armor being taken into account).
Infested Terrans are generally used in conjunction with Fungal Growth to pick off enemy drops, or deal extra damage to an army as an energy dump. Infested Terrans can be used as a form of worker harassment. As of Patch 16, Infested Terrans can be cast while the Infestor is burrowed and therefore hidden. Infestors in groups of 6 or more can tunnel into an enemy base and spawn multiple Infested Terrans to snipe key buildings like Robotics Bays or Command Centers.
Protoss units are fairly resistant to Infested Terran; however, they can be used to add anti-air damage for a Zerg player who opted not to go for Hydralisks. They are especially effective against Interceptors as well as Phoenixes.
Versus biomech builds, Infestors can cast Infested Terran on top of an infantry ball, and sieged Siege Tanks will splash their own units. Infested Terrans are also very useful to shoot down incoming or retreating Medivac dropships, commonly with the help of Fungal Growth to keep them in place.
Infested Terrans can be used around a ranged Zerg army to block Ultralisks. The eggs work especially well because of their low aggro, high HP, and good spread to avoid splash. They can also be used to deal with Mutalisks by using Fungal Growth to pin them, allowing the Infested Terrans time to hatch and kill them.
- Unlike other summoned Zerg units, such as the Broodling or Changeling, the Infested Terrans have the ability to burrow. However, given their limited lifespan, it is almost never used.
- Similarly to other summoned units, Infested Terrans cannot be loaded into an Overlord, Nydus Network or Nydus Worm.
- When time span of an Infested Terran runs out, the Infested Terran commits suicide with a handgun 
- The Infested Swarm Egg has no attributes, not even Biological. It is the only unit besides the Archon that is neither Biological nor Mechanical.
- Infested Swarm Eggs have no sight, unlike cocooned units, which have a sight of 5.
No patch changes in Legacy of the Void so far.