IEM Season VIII - Sao Paulo
Single elimination bracket
IEM Season VIII - Sao Paulo is the fourth event of IEM Season VIII, organized by ESL and held at Parque Anhembi during Campus Party Sao Paulo. It will be a Tier 2 event, giving 4000 WCS points for 2014 WCS Global Finals. The event will be hosted by Paul "ReDeYe" Chaloner and the commentary done by James "Kaelaris" Carrol, Shaun "Apollo" Clark, Yoan "ToD" Merlo and Kevin "RotterdaM" van der Kooi.
There are 8 spots for players from all over the world divided to regions as follows:
- 2 spots in the European Qualifier.
- 4 spots in the American Qualifier.
- 2 spots in the Asian Final Qualifiers.
- Stage 1:
- Two double-elimination brackets of eight players each.
- Top 2 of each bracket advance to Stage 2.
- Stage 2:
- Four groups of four players played out in dual tournament format, consisting of the 4 Stage 1 winners, 8 qualifiers and 4 invites based on the WCS Ranking.
- Top 2 of each group advance to Stage 3.
- Stage 3:
- Single-elimination bracket of eight players.
- Quarterfinals and Semifinals are played in best of 5
- Grand Finals is played in best of 7
$25,000 and 4,000 WCS Points are spread among the players as seen below:
|Place||$ USD||WCS Points||Player||Team|
|13th-16th||$350||-||Tunico||Kaos Latin Gamers|
* Players must advance one round in order to claim WCS points for that placement. Being seeded through qualifiers counts as advancing one round.
|Stage 1 players (14)|
|Protoss (4)||Terran (4)||Zerg (6)|
|Dual tournament #1 (8)|
|Dual tournament #2 (6)|
|Stage 2 players (16)|
|Protoss (5)||Terran (7)||Zerg (4)|
|From Dual tournaments (4)|
|Through qualifiers (8)|
Dual Tournament #1
Dual Tournament #2
|January 30, 2014 - 10:00 BRST|
|Group A Matches|
|January 30, 2014 - 13:45 BRST|
|Group B Matches|
|January 31, 2014 - 10:00 BRST|
|Group C Matches|
|January 31, 2014 - 13:30 BRST|
|Group D Matches|
- /r/SpoilerFreeSC VOD Post
- Spoiler-free VODs on SC2Links.com
- Spoiler-free Official YouTube VODs at SC2Casts.com
- Michal Blicharz (December 10, 2013). "IEM Sao Paulo will give WCS points". Twitter.com. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- IEM (January 15, 2014). "StarCraft II action in Brazil presented to you by..". Intelextrememasters.com. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "2014 WCS Player Handbook". Blizzard. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- messioso (January 29, 2014). "trOt plays in Open Bracket as Barba didn't show up". Teamliquid.net. Retrieved January 29, 2014.
- messioso (January 29, 2014). "WM & elivolts get a default win as two players did not show up". Teamliquid.net. Retrieved January 29, 2014.