Zhou "iAsonu" Hang, also known as iA, is a Chinese Zerg player playing for Invictus Gaming.
iAsonu is an undergraduate student in Huazhong University of Science and Technology, one of the top universities in China.
Heart of the Swarm
2014: The first step into the pro-scene
He qualified for the 2014 WCS America Season 1 Challenger League in the Wildcard qualifier by beating most notably XY and ElhayM.iAsonu faced Arthur in the Challenger match and, despite having promising macro, fell to Arthur's aggressions 1-3, unable to advance into Premier this season.
He decided to continue his study following the suspension and the commence of the new academic semester in China. During his term in the university, he still kept his passion and continued practising in his spare time. It has been seen he gathered considerable rising momentum as he managed to grab two silver medals in the fierce domestic tournaments at the end of 2014, one is on National Electronic Sports Tournament 2014, the other being 2014 G-League.
2015: Success in China
Starting from the new year, iAsonu was able to participate the WCS tournament once again. He qualified for Season 1 Premier League after beating XY 3:2 in China Challenger, which gave he the opportunity of travelling abroad to attend offline tournament for the first time. Unfortunately, he was eliminated early in the Group G by two of the eventual top 4 players of the season, ShoWTimE and Hydra.
He went back to China, attending the Playoff stage of GPL 2015 Season 1. Since this season, the China Challenger of WCS has been combined with GPL Playoff Ro8. iAsonu took a clean sweep against one of the Chinese veteran, Courage. He then went on to dismiss Jim, who dominated the Chinese scene over the last two years, in the semifinal and ultimately won the tournament by beating TooDming in the Grand Final.
In the next two months, iAsonu constantly showed strong performance in local events in China. Although it was during the examination season of Chinese university, he still managed to enter the final stage of GPL once again, where he lost to Jim 1-4. After the academic semester ended, he attended the offline final of 2015 G-League and lifted the trophy after beating XY.
Legacy of the Void
GPL 2015 International Challenge
He beat Lilbow twice in the 1v1 mode. At last, he got the two runner-ups, one in 1v1 tournament, the other in archon mode tournament.
2016 WCS Circuit
Although he got the ticket to 2016 DreamHack Open: Leipzig, he had to forfeit the tournament due to schedule conflict with GPL 2015 Grand Finals.
Due to the latency between China and NA server, many Chinese players forfeited the NA Server Qualifiers of 2016 WCS Winter Circuit Championship. Most of the remaining Chinese players who tried their luck got eliminated. However, iAsonu became the only one to get through the qualifier by beating Bails, State and Kelazhur.
In Katowice, before the tournament started, almost all people thought TLO was stronger than he. However, after losing the first game, at last, he won TLO by the score of 3-1. During Ro16, he didn't continue his good state and lost to Elazer by the score of 1-3.
Later, He got the ticket to 2016 DreamHack Open: Austin. After winning sWs twice, he met Kelazhur again after WCS Winter Qualifiers and WCS Spring Qualifiers. He won this opposite player by 3-0 again though He lost to puCK and got the result of Ro16 for the third time.
In IEM Season XI - Shanghai, because MajOr forfeited his spot due to passport issues. iAsonu got the replacement spot against ShoWTimE. He lost to ShoWTimE by 1-3 and got eliminated in Ro16. This is the fourth time he finished in Ro16 in this year's the premier tournaments.
- His two IDs, iA and luka, are both from a singing voice synthesizer - Vocaloid.
- The first Chinese player to take interviews completely in English.
- The term, 南航北驰 (Zhou Hang (iAsonu) in the south and Ma Chi (Exia) in the north), was coined to praise them. The duo were the two best zerg players in Chinese college leagues before Exia switched to Heroes of the Storm.
- In Match #2 of Alienware Challenge Cup, he finished his first All-kill though it is only a showmatch tournament.
- He is the only player to have qualified to all the 2017 WSC Circuit Events through the Chinese Qualifiers.
|In Major Tournaments|
|2017-08-16||1st||GPL 2017 Season 3||4 : 0||Cyan||$5,400|
|2017-06-29||2nd||GPL 2017 Season 2||2 : 3||Cyan||$3,610|
|2017-05-21||1st||GPL 2017 Season 1 Second Half||4 : 2||TooDming||$2,760.04|
|2017-04-08||1st||GPL 2017 Season 1 First Half||4 : 2||TIME||$2,752.33|
|2017-01-08||2nd||GPL 2016 - Grand Finals||0 : 3||TooDming||$2,164|
|2017-01-01||1st||NESO 2016||2 : 0||Cyan||$4,326|
|2016-09-04||1st||World Cyber Arena 2016: China Summer||3 : 0||XY||$7,670|
|2016-01-24||4th||GPL 2015 Grand Finals||2 : 3||TIME||$1,229|
|2015-11-21||2nd||GPL 2015 International Challenge||2 : 4||Snute||$7,000|
|2015-07-11||1st||2015 G-League||3 : 1||XY||$8,070|
|2015-05-30||2nd||GPL 2015 Season 2||1 : 4||Jim||$1,280|
|2015-04-19||1st||GPL 2015 Season 1||4 : 1||TooDming||$1,600|
|2014-12-28||2nd||2014 G-League||2 : 3||Jim||$3,250|
|2014-11-02||2nd||National Electronic Sports Tournament 2014||0 : 2||XY||$3,266|
|2014-10-26||3rd||BoGou Cup: Grand Finals||3 : 1||Ein||$816|
|In Minor Tournaments|
|2016-10-04||1st||WESG 2016 - Asia-Pacific China Qualifier||3 : 0||XY||$4,578|
|2016-08-17||2nd||Leifeng Cup 152||1 : 2||ByuN||$400|
|2016-07-13||2nd||Leifeng Cup 150|| 0 : 2
0 : 2
|2014-08-03||1st||BoGou Cup: July Finals||2 : 0||MacSed||$244|
|2014-06-08||1st||CSL 2014 S1: Individual Tournament||2 : 1||XluoS||$1,634|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
- 2015-05-24 | Interviews with Mystery and iAsonu by Meru of Teamliquid.net at 2015 WCS Season 2 Premier League
- 2014-10-11 | iG. iAsonu: I shall carry on SC2 and studies. (trans. by Zhao Xiaoou)
- 2014-01-23 | Your New WCS Challenger: iG.iAsonu by digmouse of Teamliquid.net at 2014 WCS Season 1 America: Ladder Wildcard Qualifier
- iAsonu (2014-12-12). "如果大家有兴趣了解下中国选手现状 " [If anyone is intereted in the current situation of Chinese progamers] (in Chinese). Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- Kim Phan (2014-07-11). "Statement on WCS Europe and America Season 3 (Official suspension thread)". battle.net. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- Meru (2015-05-24). "Interviews with Mystery and iAsonu". Teamliquid.net. Retrieved 2015-06-04.