Soon after the Beta of StarCraft II was released, ESL announced two weekly tournaments, ESL StarCraft II Beta Saturday Cup and ESL StarCraft II Beta Monday Cup. While the cups themselves were popular in the community the format without any prize money soon made competitive players move elsewhere. ESL then decided to reformat the cup into one where you get points depending on your finishing placement, they named it Go4SC2. The name is a reference to the old Go4WC3 cup, which pioneered the weekly, one-day 512/1024 player tournaments. The format is pretty straight forward: Two cups are played, one on Wednesday, one on Saturday. Both yield points towards a monthly rating that allows the top players to compete for €500 at the monthly final.
|| 100pts + 100 euro
*The number of points gained from the Wednesday cups changed after the April tournament.
*The previous point distribution was 45p, 25p and 10p.
- Unlimited participants in the Saturday and Wednesday tournaments.
- Saturday cup finals will be played on the following Monday, broadcasted live on ESL.eu
- Monthly €500 "Grand Final" with the 8 best ranked players.
- Grand final will take place on last Thursday of the month.
- Bo1: Each player eliminates one map at the time until only one map remains.
- Bo3: Each player eliminates one map at the time until three maps remain. Then both players chose one map they want. The remaining map is the decider.