This article is for the Single Player version of this unit. For the Multiplayer version, see: Ghost.
50 (+100) / 200 (+100)
The Ghost is a specialized infantry unit built from a Barracks with an attached Tech Lab once a Ghost Academy has been constructed. The Ghost has a ranged attack that deals 10 damage +10 against light units, but its real power lies in its special abilities.
Snipe deals 45 damage regardless of armor to any biological unit at the cost of 25 energy. Snipe is an effective tool in a few situations. It can be queued to multiple units, allowing the Ghost to Snipe up to 8 units in quick succession. This can make the Ghost effective when dropped into Terran or Zerg Mineral lines, while whittling down an approaching enemy force or to quickly wipe out enemy harassment.
The Ghost's Cloak allows it to render itself invisible to enemies without detection. This is generally used to get the Ghost into a good position to Snipe an opponent or to sneak into a base for a Nuke.
Nuke is the Ghost's final ability and will allow the unit to calldown a Nuke on a target location provided the Ghost Academy has a Nuke ready and that the Ghost can channel for the full-time. The Nuke is a devastating ability that deals terrible, terrible damage to any buildings or units that it hits. However, the cost of using Nukes is very high and requires a lot of gas and minerals to tech to, the long "charge" time also renders it ineffective against units, as they can easily move away.
Available in mission: Ghost of a Chance
Mercenary version: None
Hero version: Nova
25 (-0.9 / s)
becomes invisible until it runs out of energy or the player cancels Cloak
Damage: 300 (+200 to buildings)
calls down a nuclear strike at the targeted spot. Nukes take 20 seconds to land.
Ghost's cloak no longer requires energy.
Ghosts gain +2 range and +3 sight.
|Credits : 125,000
|Researched from: Armory Console
|Ghost's cloak no longer requires energy.
|Credits : 85,000
|Researched from: Armory Console
|Ghosts gain +2 range and +3 sight.
|Researched from: Laboratory Console
|Specialist units (any non-hero with energy) gain +100 starting energy and +100 maximum energy.
- Out with it.
- Give me the sit-rep.
- Come again?
- You sure about that?
- Solo operative, right?
- Nu-cular launch detected.[q 1]
- You call down the thunder...
- ...now deal with it.[q 2]
- Almost counts in horseshoes and nuclear strikes.
- I think the female ghosts have nicer equipment.
- Did you see that? (pauses) Exactly.
- Pain don't hurt. Ouhh!
- Today's forecast is: Extra bomb-y, slight chance of mushroom clouds.
- I see live people. -gunshots- I see dead people.[q 3]
- Whenever I see a world untouched by war, a world of innocence, a world of lush forests and clear rivers... I really just wanna nuke the crap out of it.
- You have something on your face. -shot- Got it.
- I'll paint the town! Dead.
- I know what you're thinkin'.[q 4]
- Feelin' lucky, punk?[q 4]
- We all got it coming, kid.[q 5]
- Make my day.[q 6]
- Nothin' to it.
- Copy that.
- Sounds like a plan.
- You're on.
- Yes, sir.
- Will do.
- I'm on it.
- Never know what hit 'em.
- You know what I like.
- Well color me happy.
- Target in my sights.
- Take 'em down.
- All too easy.
- Now that's an ass whoopin'.
- ↑ Homer Simpson's pronounciation of nuclear 
- ↑ variation of a quote uttered by a Ghost ("You called down the thunder... now reap the whirlwind") at the beginning of the Brood War mission, Emperor's Flight (Ground Zero), in turn a quote from Tombstone
- ↑ from The Sixth Sense
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 from Dirty Harry
- ↑ from Unforgiven
- ↑ from Sudden Impact
Ghost's quotes (video and sound) - YouTube video.