Gamers Assembly 2012
5,000 EUR (≃ $6,555.89)
The Gamers Assembly is the main offline event held in France every year since 2001. It takes place in the city of Poitiers, in the Futuroscope facility. The 2012 edition features eight tournaments:
- Battlefield 3
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3
- Counter-Strike: Source
- League of Legends
- StarCraft II
- Team Fortress 2
The StarCraft II tournament will be the seventh event of the French Master Series 2011/2012. Furthermore, another StarCraft II tournament, the Medion All Star Trophy, will be held on day one. Its eight participants will be seeded in the second group stage.
Offering €5,000 spread among players as follows:
Converted USD prizes are based on the currency exchange rate (taken from xe.com) on April 9, 2012: 1 EUR = 1.31118 USD.
- The event features three consecutive group stages:
- The first group stage gathers 90 players split into 16 groups of 5 or 6 players. The matches are played in Bo1, the two best-ranked players proceed to the second group stage.
- The second group stage features the 32 players coming from the first group stage plus the eight players invited in the All Star Trophy. They are split into 8 groups of 5 and play Bo3 matches, the two best-ranked players proceed to the third group stage.
- In the third group stage, the 16 remaining players are split into 4 groups of 4, and play Bo3 matches. The two best-ranked players proceed to the playoffs.
- The last stage of the tournament is a single-elimination bracket featuring the eight players qualified from the third group stage.
- Best of 3 matches until the finals, finals in best of 5.
First Group Stage
Second Group Stage
Third Group Stage