GIGABYTE ESPORTS LAN Invitational
1v1, Group Stage,
The GIGABYTE ESPORTS LAN Invitational was an invite-only tournament that was held from June 15–17, at Cal Poly Pomona in Pomona, CA.
The GIGABYTE ESPORTS LAN was a competitive gaming event that took place in Southern California a week after MLG's 2012 Spring Championship.
Twenty-four invited players competed for a share of an $11,000 in a StarCraft II tournament prize pool. In addition, eight League of Legends teams competed for a share of a $10,000 prize pool.
The event was hosted by Rachel "Seltzer" Quirico and Tricia "megumixbear" Sugita, with Gwin, Thundertoss, DoA, Azael, Zoia, JoRoSaR and Axeltoss providing in-game commentary.
A crowd shot from the GESL.
$11,000 is spread among the players as seen below:
- Group Stage
- Round-robin group stage format, with the player pool divided into four groups of six players each
- Each match was best-of-three
- The bottom two players in each group were eliminated from the tournament
- Remaining 16 players were seeded into a single-elimination bracket according to their group results
- Round of 16 and quarterfinals were best-of-three
- Semifinals were best-of-five
- Finals were best-of-seven
Additionally, there was no extended series rule in effect for this tournament.
* Scarlett, qxc, and SeleCT will be unable to attend. Golden, daisuki, and Rhythm will replace them.
Groups were drawn live on the first day of the event.
Played on June 17, 2012
|Round of 16