GIGABYTE ESPORTS LAN Invitational
|GIGABYTE ESPORTS LAN Invitational|
|Sponsor:||GIGABYTE · Kingston HyperX · Cooler Master · Newegg · Dolby · SoCal eSports · Cyber Sports Network · Red Bull · TwitchTV · Qualcomm · AverMedia · Tt ESPORTS · Thermaltake USA · Nvidia · Sennheiser · Antec · CPU · BenQ · Killer Gaming · Intel · Western Digital · In Win · MadCatz · Cyberpower · NZXT · Zalman · Patriot · ENERMAX|
|Game Version:||Wings of Liberty Patch 1.4.3 BU|
|Format:||1v1, Group Stage,
|Number of Players:||24|
|8 9 7|
|MLG Antiga Shipyard • MLG Shakuras Plateau • MLG Daybreak • MLG ESV Cloud Kingdom • MLG Tal'Darim Altar • MLG Metropolis • MLG Entombed Valley|
The GIGABYTE ESPORTS LAN Invitational was an invite-only tournament that was held from June 15–17, at Cal Poly Pomona in Pomona, CA.
Twenty-four invited players competed for a share of an $11,000 in a StarCraft II tournament prize pool. In addition, eight League of Legends teams competed for a share of a $10,000 prize pool.
$11,000 is spread among the players as seen below:
|5th-8th||$250||Click "Show" to see players|
|5th-8th||$250||inori||Team SCV Life|
|9th-16th||$125||Click "Show" to see players|
|9th-16th||$125||HwangSin||It's Gosu eSports|
- Group Stage
- Round-robin group stage format, with the player pool divided into four groups of six players each
- Each match was best-of-three
- The bottom two players in each group were eliminated from the tournament
- Remaining 16 players were seeded into a single-elimination bracket according to their group results
- Round of 16 and quarterfinals were best-of-three
- Semifinals were best-of-five
- Finals were best-of-seven
Additionally, there was no extended series rule in effect for this tournament.
|Protoss (8)||Terran (9)||Zerg (7)|
Groups were drawn live on the first day of the event.
|Round of 16||