The name DoA came from a history of FPS gaming, as he would "Die on Arrival" when learning a new FPS, and thus gave himself the name DoA.[Citation needed]
Wings Of Liberty
DoA began playing SC2 in the beta, however after realizing he wouldn't be able too commit enough time to becoming a Pro gamer, decided that going down the commentary route would be the best direction. Having worked in radio before,[Citation needed] casting came easily to DoA as he began his rise to popularity.
Having cast VODs on YouTube, he decided to send one to GomTV, really not expecting any result from it. However, three months later John the translator emailed him back and offered him a placement there for a season of the GSL. After eventually returning to the USA, DoA was eventually invited back yet again to cast the GSL. He was a regular face on the GomTV broadcasts from March to November 2011 as a GSL Code A shoutcaster alongside Wolf, Khaldor and Moletrap.
Aside from working with GomTV, DoA has worked with other organizations such as CSN on their "Clash of the Houses" tournament, South Korean Weekly tournaments and other LANs that occurred before the move out to Seoul.
On August 24, 2012 it was announced that DoA would re-join forces with moletrap in Korea to cast the OnGameNet Starleague Season 1. In a blog he revealed that casting a tournament as prestigious as the OSL has put him under more pressure than ever before, but that it also motivates him to do the best he can. Later that day DoA tweeted that he was currently in the hospital and would not be able to travel to Korea and cast the OSL as planned. The day after he shared that his gallbladder was to be removed and finally that the surgery went well and he is recovering. DoA has since recovered and has traveled to Korea in order to cast the OSL for OnGameNet.
League of Legends and return to Blizzard casting
Ahead of 2013, DoA transitioned into casting OGN Champions (currently the LCK), Korea's top League of Legends competition, where he currently heads OGN's English broadcast alongside Christopher Mykkles (MonteCristo). He resumed involvement with Blizzard when casting OGN's Hearthstone Masters Korean tournaments alongside OGN League color caster Chris Smith (PapaSmithy).
- 2014-08-20 | 'Reflections' with DoA by Thorin of OnGamers
- 2012-10-02 | OSL caster Doa on returning to Korea by ESFI World[Dead link]
- 2012-04-17 | DoA and Gretorp at IPL4 by Rachel of Cyber Sports Network at IPL4
- 2011-06-08 | Interview with DoA by Rachel of Cyber Sports Network at MLG Columbus 2011
- 2011-06-07 | Interview with DoA by AskJoshy of compLexity Gaming at MLG Columbus 2011
- DoA once held a fear of CJ Entus' mascot, but has since resolved this after an encounter with the mascot at the 2011-2012 Proleague Season 2 Grand Finals.
- He has been invited by Riot Games multiple times to join the broadcast team for the League of Legends World Championships.
- DoA joins It's Gosu eSports
- "IGN Pro League Welcomes DoA!" Team Liquid.net, 29 November 2011.
- "Doa/Moletrap To Cast OSL". Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Doa's thoughts on moving to Korea, casting OSL,etc".
- "Doa on twitter: "In the hospital"".
- "Doa on twitter: "Getting my gall bladder removed."".
- "Doa on twitter: "Surgery is done"".
- Imgur capture of Doa and Moletrap casting the OSL
- Erik "DoA" Lonnquist (23 September 2012). "Doa and the CJ mascot. A Proleague sub-plot.". Retrieved 26 September 2012.