The Disruptor is a robotic disruption unit. The Disruptor is extremely potent versus any force that clumps its units together, as well as against worker lines.
Shoots out a ball of energy that lasts 2 seconds and emits a powerful nova dealing 145 splash damage and an additional 55 shield damage to nearby ground units and structures. The Disruptor is immobile while this is active. The Disruptor's visual glow is dulled a little bit during cool-down.
This ability damages friendly units, except other Disruptors.
It can be countered with skilled micromanagement. It is best used against relatively weak units such as workers.
The Disruptor is very good when paired with the Mothership Core's time warp ability, preventing the enemy army from effectively retreating or splitting their army. It can also destroy an enemy army trapped by the Oracle's new stasis ward ability if timed correctly, giving them no chance to escape. Combinations with the Sentry's force field can prevent enemy units from escaping the Purification Nova as well.
The Disruptor is effective against ground-based death balls. Stalkers can use blink to avoid damage from the Nova. Timing a second attack at the target location of their blink leaves the opponent with a very short time to respond by spreading their Stalkers.
The Disruptor is one of the best options to clear out Lurker lines when the player decides to commit to a robo-tech playstyle. Note that the Disruptor's effectiveness decreases immensely if the enemy is on creep, because the Zerg army can split up faster. With this said, a Zerg force of Roaches and Hydralisks trying to brute force their way through a Protoss SimCity off-creep is very vulnerable to getting destroyed by the Purification Nova.
- I live on.
- Consciousness awakened.
- Speak, and be heard.
- Your demands?
- We begin anew.
- Ancient glory reborn.
- I will listen and be patient.
- I shall receive your wisdom.
- Do you even possess wisdom?
- I thought I would be surrounded by the best and brightest if I became a Purifier. Instead, the future is full of idiots.
- Life as an artificial intelligence is really not so bad. You might even say... it's ballin'.
- I am completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly. Why would you suspect otherwise?
- Ow! Why was I programmed to feel pain?
- I was designed to be a pacifist. But I will admit... When I get charged up, I've been known to explode.
- Is this how the Templar treat all robotic life-forms? You would do well to remember, we will outlive you, and we do not forget.
- [SFX: Computer sound] Warning. Memory matrix corrupted... Reboot in progress. [SFX: Computer activation sound] Greetings, Executor! I am your new Disruptor. I look forward to learning from you.
- Eternal service.
- I comprehend.
- So be it.
- It is known.
- With honor.
- Dara de khassar.
- The Firstborn will triumph!
- A demonstration?
- Calibrating attack pattern.
- Deliver reinforcements!
- Our foes surround us.
| Patch 2.5.1 Balance Update #2
| Patch 2.5.2 Balance Update
- Damage increased from 145 to 145 +55shields
| Patch 2.5.3 Balance Update
- Cost reduced to 100/200.
- Supply reduced to 3.
- Purification Nova
- Range reduced to 1.5.
- After Purification Nova ends, the Disruptor is invulnerable for 3 seconds.
- Speed when invulnerable increased to 4.25.
- Can be picked up by Warp Prism during Purification Nova, canceling its effect.
| Patch 2.5.5
- Purification Nova removed.
- New ability: Disruptor shoots out a ball of energy that can be controlled and detonates after a few seconds, dealing 145 damage and 55 damage to shields.
- If the Disruptor is destroyed before the energy ball detonates, it will fail to explode.
- Build time reduced to 50 seconds from 60.
| Patch 2.5.5 Balance Update #2
- Disruptor cost changed from 100/200 to 150/150.
| Patch 2.5.5 Balance Update #4
- Disruptors can now be loaded into Warp Prisms while Purification Nova is active.
- This action will cancel Purification Nova, causing no damage.