Dig Site is a 6 player map released with the SC2 Launch. It is intended for 3v3 play.
Official Map Description
Team play map, your allies are nearby. There are two paths to the enemy, each overlooked by a separate Watch Tower. Use the high ground to Control your Watch Tower. There are many rich mineral expansions to be had so take your share!
- Perhaps considered the standard format of a 3 vs. 3 map, Dig Site has 3 main bases, all separated and on their own plateau, welcome each other with medium-sized ramps and reasonably close to one another.
- A natural expansion can be found directly in front of their main bases, both ramps of the side-allies are oddly not in the same direction as their expansions, creating a slight delay in units when they rush to defend it
- All ramps lead to the center area that is encircled by the 3 main bases.
- Two gold expansions can be found mirroring one another at the center, thinly separated by a high-ledge that can be taken advantage of with unit drops, blink stalkers, etc.
- Two more gold expansions can be found parallel with the two main paths of attack at the 4 and 10 o'clock position, sitting on the symmetry line that separates the two teams.
- An additional gold expansion can be found tucked on an island, equally on the line of symmetry and thus 4 and 10 o'clock.