|This article is a map stub. You can help Liquipedia by expanding it.|
Daybreak is a two-player map created by WinparkPrime which replaced Xel'Naga Caverns in the 2011 August GSL. The ladder edition is part of the 1v1 map pool since 10th of April 2012 (start of season 7).
Official Map Description
GSL map poll winner. This is the ladder edition of the GSL tournament map.
Created by WinparkPrime.
- Two Xel'Naga Towers cover the center of the map and the ramps approaching each players natural expansion.
- Destructible Rocks divide the path in the center of the map.
- Destructible Rocks also cover half of the ramp that leads to the natural.
- Easy to hold a third, but taking a fourth creates run-by paths
- Positional end-game revolving around rocks
- Attack angles favor defender
- GSL Daybreak - The center expansions at 3 and 9 have only 6 mineral patches and a single Rich Vespene Geyser each.
- Daybreak LE - The version used on the ladder. The center expansions have the standard 8 mineral patches and two normal Vespene Geysers.
- WCS Daybreak LE - The version used in the 2012 WCS. Includes same resource configuration as the ladder version, with neutral supply depots added at the bottom of the main ramps.
WCS Daybreak LE
1 vs 1 2 vs 2 3 vs 3 4 vs 4 FFA 2 player