The primary key to success on this map is area control. Tiny chokes are mixed with very large areas next to expansions. These features force players to think about their attack angles and army positioning. The longer paths often yield better army positions for engagements. Cloud Kingdom was added to the ladder map pool at the beginning of ladder season 6.
- Decoration inspired by the planet Temblor from the game Total Annihilation
- The direct path has four 3-sized ramps partially blocked with rocks to make them 1-size in the early and midgame.
- There is a flying shark that patrols around the map. The shark has been removed in the Ladder Edition of the map.
Distances from Main to Main
- Cloud Kingdom was the 1st place winning entry in the TeamLiquid Map Contest where, at the tally of the votes after The TLAF Map Contest TL Open, it came second in both the public and staff polls.
- ESV Cloud Kingdom will be played in the 2012 GSL Season 1. This marks the first time a non-Korean/non-Blizzard map has ever entered a Korean Starleague.
- Map Analysis video by Apollo
- Thread on TeamLiquid.net
- "The making of ESV Cloud Kingdom"
- Cloud Kingdom games - FPVODs - YouTube playlist
1 vs 1 2 vs 2 3 vs 3 4 vs 4 FFA 2 player