The Blizzcon 2011 StarCraft II Invitational was held at Blizzard's BlizzCon 2011 event alongside the GSL October Finals. 16 players from eight regions who qualified went to Anaheim, California to decide the 2011 BlizzCon champion.
 Prize pool
- Most players Qualified through Blizzard Invitationals.
- Korean invitees were selected based on points won in GSL tournaments.
- The 2 Chinese players are substitutes due to Visa problems of the 2 originally qualified players. See the Visa Issues column below. 
* See Chinese visa issues below.
 Chinese visa Issues
- Unfortunately the players qualified through the Chinese Battle.net Invitational, XiGua and Uhen, were unable to participate due to visa issues.
- On October 9th, it is reported that two substitutes, TooDming and Loner, acquired their visa and will be the 2 Chinese representatives.
 Korean Invitees
The 2011 Korean Battle.net Invitational was planned to be the StarCraft 2 invitational type tournament hosted by Blizzard for the top 8 players from the South Korean region. The winners would qualify to the 2011 StarCraft II Global Battle.net Invitational at BlizzCon 2011. However, due to the prevalence of the GSL for South Korean players it was decided that the top players based on GSL points would be invited since holding a separate tournament to determine the best South Korean would be redundant.
 GSL October Finals
The GSL October Finals took place at BlizzCon, therefore being the first GSL event to take place outside Korea. Click here for details
 Brood War Invites
It was announced on October 18th that four Brood War pro gamers, Bisu, Jaedong, JangBi, and FanTaSy, would be going to Blizzcon for exhibition matches. It was unknown as to whether or not they will be promoting Brood War, StarCraft II, or both, however, it was later revealed that they had no scheduled matches, and that they were invited alongside a KeSPA representative to observe the foreign SC2 scene.
 View Games
 See also
 External links