Balance Update 2
From Liquipedia Starcraft 2 Wiki
Balance Update 2
NA Release Date:
September 14th 2012
- Balance Changes
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Balance Update #2
Hello everyone -
We will be taking the beta server down this morning to make the following updates. Thanks for participating in this beta and providing us with all of your great feedback!
- This unit has been removed from the game.
- We have added a new ability called Combat Awareness.
- This allows Reapers to see up cliffs.
- Battle Hellions can now be built from the Factory. It has an Armory Requirement.
- There is a new upgrade at the Armory that will allow transformation between Battle Mode and Normal Mode.
- Widow Mine
- We have removed the Armory Requirement.
- Swarm Host
- The locust's attack range has decreased from 3 to 2.
- We have removed the Oracle's Preordain ability.
- We have added a new area of effect ability called Phase Shield.
- Targeted friendly units are shielding from harmful effects for 5 seconds.
- Fungal Growth, Corruption, Contaminate, Graviton Beam, Concussive Shells, Abduct, Revelation, Vortex and 250mm Strike Cannons - Phase shield removes the effect and prevents unit from being affected.
- EMP - Phase Shield removes the anti-cloaking effect but not the damage dealt.
- Neural Parasite - Phase Shield will not remove this effect but it will prevent units from being affected.
- The energy upgrade has been removed.
- Entomb's duration has been reduced to 25 seconds, but the health per Entomb has increased to 100.
- The cost per unit has changed from 150/200 to 150/150
- The attack range has been reduced from 22 to 15.
- The damage has changed from 30 to 30+20 to massive.
- The range upgrade has been removed.
- Mothership Core/Mothership
- Recall will now cost 100 energy.
- The Mothership Core will now start with 50 energy when upgrade, energy will be set back to 50.
- The range of Purifier Beam has been increased from 7 to 10.
- Has arrived. (Carrier has been added back into the game)