Akilon Flats is a two-player map made by Blizzard that went into the 1v1 ladder map pool on the 2013 Season 1 (January 2013). It is a port of the Heart of the Swarm map Akilon Wastes. On February 19, Blizzard removed the 2 central Xel'naga watchtowers.
Official Map Description
First take the well protected expansions nearby your main base. When moving out to the center of the map, controlling the two Watch Towers on your half of the map will make securing future expansions much easier.
- There are four Xel'Naga Towers located in center of the map, covering all ground attack paths.
- Destructible rock prevents access to the fourth expansion.
GSL Akilon Flats
- Neutral supply depots have been added to the bottom of the ramp of the main base.
- Destructible rocks have had their health lowered to 1000.
- The Xel'Naga watchtowers in the center area will lose power for the rest of the game after 7 minutes.
KeSPA Akilon Flats
- Neutral Supply depot at the ramp.
- Creep color has been tweaked a little.