3 Reaper Expand
A two-Barracks pressure with three Reapers in sync with a relatively quick expansion. This build is a soft counter to a gasless 1-Barracks Fast Expand which has become more and more popular recently. Properly microed, your poke can do sufficient damage by killing Marines, SCV's, and even Hellions to gain you a lead entering midgame. You can also gain a good deal of scouting information and transition into the midgame with fast infantry upgrades from double Tech Labs.
 Basic Build Order
| Basic Build Order
- 10 Supply Depot
- 12 Barracks (Before 12th SCV)
- 13 Refinery
- 15 Orbital Command Upgrade
- 15 Marine (Build one, then Tech Lab)
- 16 Barracks (Proxy this second Barracks in your Natural, like a Makarax)
- 17 Tech Lab on Barracks #2
- 17 Reaper
- 18 Supply Depot
- 19 Tech Lab on Barracks (#2)
- 20 Command Center
- 20 2 Reapers (#2 and #3)
- This build allows you to strongly outmicro a player with weaker control, but can be defended against properly by a good player who has used a safe build.
- Reapers are purely harassment units, you must transition immediately into a more stable composition, usually Bio.
- If your enemy has produced a Siege Tank or multiple Marauders, you will be unable to continue pressure and should instead preserve Reapers for map control.
- Be wary of Banshee counters. This is usually scoutable during your harass.
- A powerful transition is adding another two Barracks, a Factory-->Reactored Starport and two Engineering Bays.
- This allows you to take a reasonably quick 3rd base and defend it safely while dropping.
- Alternatively, you can hit a timing attack with +1/+1, Stim, Combat Shields, and Medivacs if you feel your opponent is being too greedy.
 Amateur Replays