2017 VSL Season 1
From Liquipedia StarCraft 2 Wiki
The 2017 VSL Season 1 is the return of the VSL for 2017, this time adding an individual part to the tournament.
- Players are divided into 8 groups.
- Group Stage (Round of 16): Dual Tournament format.
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and play each other.
- The winners of these matches will then face each other in the Winner’s match.
- The victor places first in the group and advances to the Playoffs.
- The losers of the initial matches face each other in the Loser’s match.
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match.
- The winner gets second place in the group and advances to the Playoffs.
- All matches played in a Best-of-5.
- Same 16 players as Individual League.
- Player draft
- Top 4 players from Individual League become team captains.
- Draft takes place in a "snake" format.
- 4 players per team.
- 4-team double-elimination bracket.
- All matches are Best-of-7 played in All-Kill format.
Team League only
- Abyssal Reef
- Paladino Terminal
Individual League and Team League
- Bel'Shir Vestige
- Cactus Valley
- Newkirk Precinct
- Proxima Station