2013 WCS Season 2 Korea OSL
Ro32 & Ro16 Group play
Ro8 and on Single-elimination hallenger League
₩152,952,082 (≃ $136,364)
Number of Players:
The 2013 WCS Season 2 Korea OSL is the Korean event of the second season of the 2013 StarCraft II World Championship Series. The WCS Korea is the league where many of the best Korean gamers come to compete. The format allows up to a week's preparation before each of your matches, promoting well thought out play.
OGN will run the remier league while GOMTV will run the hallenger league and the Up & Down matches.
The map pool for the second WCS Korea season of 2013 is:
Starleague (Premier League)
For WCS Korea Season 2, the OnGameNet Starleague (OSL) acts as remier league.
32 players compete for this seasons Korean championship, seeds for the 2013 WCS Season 2 Finals, and points for the 2013 StarCraft II World Championship Series. See the Starleague page for more details.
- Round of 32:
- Eight groups consisting of four players each, groups are played in a dual tournament format where all matches are Bo1.
- 1st and 2nd places will advance to remier Ro16.
- 3rd place will drop into the hallenger League Ro32 and 4th place will drop into the hallenger League Ro48.
- Round of 16:
- Four groups consisting of four players each, groups are played as a round robin where all matches are Bo3.
- 1st and 2nd places will advance to remier Ro8.
- 3rd and 4th places will drop into the hallenger League Ro24.
- Ties broken with best of 1 matches.
- Round of 8:
- Single-elimination tournament for the WCS Korea championship. Ro8 and Semifinals are Bo5 and Grand Finals are Bo7.
- All 8 players who make it to this round are seeded in next season's remier league, GSL Code .
- Starleague Casters:
Up & Down Matches
The Up & Down stage of hallenger League takes place at the beginning of the season. They are composed of the losers of previous season's hallenger League Ro32 and Ro24 and 2 winners of a qualifying tournament to make 30 Up & Down players. These 30 players are divided into 6 groups of 5 players.
- First and second place from each group, a total of 12 players, will receive remier League status.
- The remaining 18 players (those that placed 3rd - 5th) will be in this season's hallenger League Ro48.
Simultaneous "tournament" closely integrated with remier League. Players who lose in the first round drop out of the WCS entirely and players who win their brackets advance directly to the next season's remier League. All other players play in next season's Up & Down matches.
- Round of 48:
- Round consists of 40 qualified players and 8 Ro32 4th place finishers.
- Winners advance to the hallenger League Ro32, losers drop out of WCS entirely and must re-qualify in next season's preliminaries.
- Round of 32:
- Round consists of 24 Ro48 winners and 8 Ro32 3rd place finishers.
- Winners advance to Ro24, losers will play in next season's Up & Down matches.
- Round of 24:
- The remier League qualification round
- Round consists of 16 Ro32 winners and 8 Ro16 3rd and 4th place finishers
- Winners advance to next season's remier League, losers will play in next season's Up & Down matches
hallenger League Casters: