2013 Global StarCraft II League Season 1: Up and Down Matches
The GSL Season 1 Up & Down matches are preliminary matches in a GSL season where players who did not get eliminated previous season's Code A decide their status for this season. The format being a group stage with large groups allows GOMTV to inject players to the GSL through these matches and allows the seeded players to compete for their status as a Code S player.
|Protoss (13)||Terran (10)||Zerg (7)|
|2012 Season 5 Code A Ro32 Losers|
|2012 Season 5 Code A Ro24 Losers|
* Although the team TSL disbanded on 3rd of January, Shine, Center and Symbol went to the Up and Downs wearing their Team-shirts and using their ingame accounts, showing TSL. Khaldor explained that the coach and players decided to stay together for the Up and Down matches.
- 12 Code Round of 24 Winners automatically advance to Code without going through the Up & Down Matches.
- 16 Code Round of 32 Losers + 12 Code Round of 24 Losers + 2 Seeded Players = 30 players.
- Players are divided into 5 groups of 6.
- Each group's 1st and 2nd Place advance to Code .
- Tie breaker: If player A and player B have the same number of wins, but A has won over B in a previous game then A will be the winner. If a tie still exists, a rematch will be played.
- The 3rd place player of each group will be placed into a Wild Card group and the top two players of this group advances to Code .
January 6, 2013 18:10 KST:
January 7, 2013 18:10 KST:
January 8, 2013 18:10 KST:
January 9, 2013 18:10 KST:
|Group D Matches|
January 10, 2013 18:10 KST:
January 11, 2013 18:10 KST:
|Wild Card Matches|
Up & Down
|YoDa (⇔)||TaeJa (⇔)||DongRaeGu (⇔)||ByuL (⇗)||HuK (⇗)||ByuN (⇗)|
|MC (⇗)||Squirtle (⇔)||LosirA (⇗)||Bomber (⇗)||NesTea (⇗)||Symbol (⇔)|
|YongHwa (⇔)||Dream (⇔)||Grubby (⇗)||Genius (⇔)||Flying (⇔)||Shine (⇔)|
|Vampire (⇘)||Trap (⇔)||Bbyong (⇘)||sOs (⇘)||finale (⇘)||Jaedong (⇔)|
|Flash (⇔)||Happy (⇘)||First (⇔)||HerO (⇘)||FanTaSy (⇔)||Center (⇔)|