2012 Global StarCraft II Team League Season 3
|Overview||Round 1||Round 2||Playoffs||Statistics|
|2012 Global Starcraft II Team League Season 3|
|Game Version:||Wings of Liberty Patch 1.5.2|
|Number of Teams:||9|
|FXOpen e-Sports • Prime • SlayerS • StarTale • MVP • Team SCV Life • New Star HoSeo • Incredible Miracle • Fnatic|
|ESV Muspelheim • GSL Whirlwind • GSL Ohana • GSL Cloud Kingdom • GSL Entombed Valley • GSL Antiga Shipyard • GSL Daybreak • GSL Abyssal City • GSL Grand Lagoon|
|2012 GSTL Season 2||2013 GSTL Preseason|
|StarTale||MVP||Team SCV Life|
|New Star HoSeo||Incredible Miracle||Fnatic|
- All matches are Best of 9, All-Kill Format.
- Each winner will stay, the losing team will chose their next player and the map.
- Teams have been ranked based on their performance in 2012 GSTL Season 1 and 2012 GSTL Season 2. The top 6 teams (FXOpen e-Sports, Prime, SlayerS, StarTale, MVP, and Team SCV Life) will be seeded into Round 2.
- Round 1
- The remaining 3 teams play round robin style: All teams will play each other and only 2 will advance.
- Round 2
- Both advancing teams from round 1 join the top 6 teams from last season into the second group stage.
- Dual Tournament format (same as Code S Ro32 / Ro16).
- Two teams advance to round Playoffs, two teams are eliminated.
- Semifinals: Group A 1st vs Group B 2nd, Group A 2nd vs Group B 1st.
- Grand Finals.
The total prize pool is ₩63,000,000, divided among participants as follows:
|Place||Prize (KRW)||Prize (USD)||Prize (EUR)|
* Approximate USD and EUR amounts taken from http://xe.com on September 5, 2012. (₩1000 KRW = $0.88 USD = €0.70 EUR)
The Most Valuable Player of the winning team will be awarded the MVP Gold Card Award.
- Capital ship watch: Games where these units were a major factor in the outcome:
- Spoiler-free Official YouTube VODs @ SC2Casts