2012 Global StarCraft II Team League Season 1
|2012 Global Starcraft II Team League Season 1|
|Game Version:||Wings of Liberty |
Patch 1.4.2 – Patch 1.4.3
|Number of Teams:||10|
|FXOpen e-Sports • SlayerS • ZeNEX • oGs-TL • New Star HoSeo • StarTaleQ • Team SCV Life • Incredible Miracle • MvP • Prime|
|Antiga Shipyard • Bel'Shir Beach • Calm Before the Storm • ESV Cloud Kingdom • Crossfire SE • Daybreak • Dual Sight • Entombed Valley • Metropolis|
|2011 GSTL Season 1||2012 GSTL Season 2|
- "Image:FXOlogo_std.png|link=FXOpen_e-Sports]] FXO" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Image:MVPlogo_std.png|link=MVP_(team) MVP" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Image:StarTaleQlogo_std.png|link=StarTaleQ StarTaleQ<br>" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "Image:Primelogo_std.png|link=Prime]] [[Prime" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
|Incredible Miracle||FXOpen e-Sports|
|Team SCV Life||Prime|
|New Star HoSeo||StarTaleQ|
- The GSTL will be played every Friday and Saturday.
- All matches are Best of 9, All-Kill Format
- Each winner will stay, the losing team will chose their next player and the map
- The top 2 performing teams (Champion MvP and Runner-Up Prime from 2011 GSTL Season 1) are seeded into the playoffs.
- The remaining 8 teams are divided into 2 groups of 4. In each group:
- Week 1: Team 1 plays Team 2; Team 3 plays Team 4 - Winners advance
- Losers' Match - Winner advances
- Week 2: Team 5 plays Team 6; Team 7 plays Team 8 - Winners advance
- Losers' Match - Winner advances
- The 6 teams to advance, joining the two seeded teams.
- These 8 teams are broken into 2 groups for a dual tournament
- Team 1 plays Team 2; Team 3 plays Team 4
- Winners' Match - Winner advances in 1st place
- Losers' Match - Loser is eliminated
- Final Match - Loser of Winners' Match vs. Winner of Losers' Match - Winner advances in 2nd place
- 1st seed of Group A vs. 2nd place of Group B
- 1st seed of Group B vs. 2nd place of Group A
The total prize pool is ₩63,000,000, divided among participants as follows:
|Place||Prize (KRW)||Prize (USD)||Prize (EUR)|
* Approximate USD and EUR amounts taken from http://xe.com on January 12, 2012. (₩1000 KRW = $0.87 USD = €0.68 EUR)
The Most Valuable Player of the winning team will be awarded the MVP Gold Card Award.
During finals game 4 between MarineKing and PartinG on Entombed Valley, MarineKing's connection dropped. The connection was not restored, and the referee decision was to regame. The decision generated some controversy as the game seemed to be in PartinG's favor. MarineKing ended up winning the next three games in a row, winning the series for Prime. This would further fuel the controversy that was sparked by the regame decision.
There was some humor to the situation, however, as Blizzard/Activision big-wigs Dustin Browder and Mike Morhaime were in attendance and the crowd was chanting "WE WANT LAN!". The IPL director, David Ting, did tweet "Computer lost connectivity to the local network during the MarineKing vs PartinG. LAN mode would not have helped with this issue."
The obligatory thread on reddit about LAN Support reached the #1 spot on the front page of reddit.com.
- Capital ship watch: Games where these units were a major factor in the outcome:
- First GSTL Finals held outside of Korean/in the US.
- First GSTL Finals to be cast by Wolf and Khaldor, rather than Tastosis.