2011 GSL Super Tournament
From Liquipedia Starcraft 2 Wiki
LG Cinema 3D Super Tournament
₩202,000,000 (≃ $187,860)
Number of Players:
- Bel'Shir Beach
- Crossfire SE
- Dual Sight
- Tal'Darim Altar LE*
- Terminus SE*
- Xel'Naga Caverns
- Xel'Naga Fortress
- Both Code and Code faced off in a Round of 64 Bracket, Regardless of Code.
- Players were selected based on GSL Rankings Points.
- Ro64 Full Tournament
- Ro64 ~ 16 : Bo3
- Ro8 ~ Semi : Bo5
- Final : Bo7
The total prize pool is ₩202 000 000, divided among participants as follows:
|Place||$ USD||₩ KRW||Player||Team|
|TheBest||For Our Utopia|
|Revival||Team SCV Life|
|Leenock||For Our Utopia|
|17th-32nd||$930||₩ 1,000,000||Mvp||Incredible Miracle|
|TricKsteR||Team SCV Life|
|Clide||Team SCV Life|
|sC||For Our Utopia|
|Choya||For Our Utopia|
Converted USD prizes calculated on June 18, 2011 with a currency rate of 1,000 KRW = .93 USD provided by http://xe.com.
- GOMTVs First Super Tournament
- The tournament took a break for MLG Columbus, affecting June 3 and 4 (the 5th will be a regular Sunday for GSL). This also marked the first time there was a solo caster for the English stream, as Tasteless and Artosis were at MLG and Moletrap was to return to the United States, leaving Wolf to cast by himself for a few days of the Round of 32.
- Only Terrans reached the Semi Finals.
- MMA made it through to the finals of the Super Tournament facing only Terran opponents the entire way.
- Prior to the actual matches of the finals, the finals of the LG Cinema 3D Special League were played. There was also a performance by the Kpop band RainBOw.
- Capital ship watch: Number of games where these units were a major factor in the outcome: