2011 European Battle.net Invitational
The 2011 European Battle.net Invitational is a StarCraft II tournament hosted by Blizzard for the top 8 players from the European region. The top 2 will qualify to the 2011 StarCraft II Global Battle.net Invitational.
|European Battle.net Invitational|
|Sponsor:||Intel NVIDIA RazerSteelSeries|
|Game Version:||Wings of Liberty Patch 1.3.6|
|Number of Players:||8|
|3 3 2 0|
|Tal'Darim Altar LE • Shakuras Plateau • Xel'Naga Caverns • Metalopolis • Typhon Peaks • Backwater Gulch • The Shattered Temple|
Europe’s top StarCraft II players will clash at the 2011 European Battle.net Invitational in Warsaw, Poland on August 6-7. You can experience two days of top-notch eSports action live in the Multikino within the Zlote Tarasy commercial center in the heart of the Polish capital, or follow it all on the free live stream to find out who’ll be representing Europe later this year at the 2011 Global Battle.net Invitational at BlizzCon.
24,500 US Dollars (€17,000) are spread among the players as seen below:
|Place||Prize (USD)||Prize (EUR)||ID||Team|
- Players placing 5th through 8th receive $1,000 (€700).
|Protoss (3)||Terran (3)||Zerg (2)|
- White-Ra: Community more important than winning
- Nerchio: "Got an easy group at IEM Cologne"
- NaNiwa: I am willing to give up everything
- Mr. Bitter: The foreign players have to get better
- Ret: "Hopefully the European scene keeps developing"
- One of the few remaining tournaments to use the ladder version of The Shattered Temple where all spawn positions are possible. In both ZvP games that were played on this map the players spawned in the close ground position.