2010 Sony Ericsson StarCraft II Open Season 3
|2010 Sony Ericsson StarCraft II Open Season 3|
|Sponsor:||Sony Ericsson emTek Incheon Tourism Organization|
|Game Version:||Wings of Liberty Patch 1.1.3|
|Number of Players:||64|
|12 24 27 1|
|Metalopolis • Scrap Station • Xel'Naga Caverns • Blistering Sands • Steppes of War • Lost Temple • Delta Quadrant • Jungle Basin • Shakuras Plateau|
|2010 GSL Season 2||2011 GSL January|
This is the third and last of three GOMTV Global StarCraft II League Open events. For general information not specific to this event, check the main GSL page.
This tournament used the same map pool as GSL 2:
- Scrap Station
- Xel'Naga Caverns
- Blistering Sands
- Steppes of War
- Lost Temple
- Delta Quadrant
- Jungle Basin
- Shakuras Plateau
- Preliminary rounds were held on November 15 and 16.
- Unlike the previous two GSL open events, there was no vetoing of any maps in all rounds.
The total prize pool was ₩199 600 000 (Approximately $177 644), divided among participants as follows:
|Place||Prize (KRW)||≈ USD||Player||Team|
|1st||₩100 000 000||$89 000||MC||Old Generations|
|2nd||₩30 000 000||$26 700||Rain||Team SCV Life|
|3rd-4th||₩10 000 000||$8900||HongUn||Prime|
|5th-8th||₩4 000 000||$3560||Click "Show" to see players|
|5th-8th||₩4 000 000||$3560||NesTea||Incredible Miracle|
|5th-8th||₩4 000 000||$3560||FruitDealer||Team SCV Life|
|5th-8th||₩4 000 000||$3560||MarineKing||Prime|
|5th-8th||₩4 000 000||$3560||Choya||For Our Utopia|
|9th-16th||₩4 000 000||$3560||Click "Show" to see players|
|9th-16th||₩2 000 000||$1780||Maka||Prime|
|9th-16th||₩2 000 000||$1780||Squirtle||StarTale|
|9th-16th||₩2 000 000||$1780||BitByBit||Prime|
|9th-16th||₩2 000 000||$1780||TheBest||For Our Utopia|
|9th-16th||₩2 000 000||$1780||Leenock||For Our Utopia|
|9th-16th||₩2 000 000||$1780||July||StarTale|
|9th-16th||₩2 000 000||$1780||Polt||Prime|
|9th-16th||₩2 000 000||$1780||Mvp||Incredible Miracle|
|17th-32nd||₩500 000||$445||Click "Show" to see players|
|17th-32nd||₩500 000||$445||LittleBoy||Old Generations|
|17th-32nd||₩500 000||$445||Golden||For Our Utopia|
|17th-32nd||₩500 000||$445||sC||For Our Utopia|
|17th-32nd||₩500 000||$445||Ret||Team Liquid|
|17th-32nd||₩500 000||$445||Hyperdub||Old Generations|
|17th-32nd||₩500 000||$445||aLive||Team SCV Life|
|17th-32nd||₩500 000||$445||Moon||WeMade FOX|
|17th-32nd||₩500 000||$445||IdrA||Evil Geniuses|
|33rd-64th||₩300 000||$267||Click "Show" to see players|
* Approximate USD amounts taken from http://xe.com on October 28th, 2010. ₩1000 = $0.89
- GuMiho was the first random player to qualify for any GSL open.
- There were five foreigners in this tournament: Sen, HayprO, Jinro, IdrA, and Ret.
- July, an accomplished StarCraft progamer, and Moon, an accomplished Warcraft III progamer, qualified for their first GSL open.
- HongUn built the first Carrier of any GSL open against JSL.
- Jinro was the first foreigner to reach the RO4.
- HongUn and MC, respectively, were the first Protoss players to reach the RO4.
- MC was the first Protoss player to reach the Finals and the first Protoss to win the tournament.
- First season where the map vetoing option for players was disabled which receives large amounts of criticisms from Zerg players. The inability to veto short distanced maps such as Steppes of War caused many cheeses and all-ins in TvZ match ups throughout Season 3.
- Pepsi was a sponsor of this event with their Mountain Dew brand as the sponsored beverage.
- The first season to have no Zerg in the final four.
- Capital ship watch: Number of games where these units were a major factor in the outcome: