This was the second of three GOMTV Global StarCraft II League Open events. For general information not specific to this event, check the main GSL page.
 Map Pool
Two maps from season 1 were removed from the map pool: Kulas Ravine and Desert Oasis. They were replaced by Jungle Basin and Shakuras Plateau.
- Preliminary rounds were held from October 9th to 12th.
- Unlike season 1, the quarterfinal round (Ro8) was a best of 5 instead of a best of 3. The semifinals (as well as the finals) were a best of 7.
- Map elimination was also changed from season 1:
- Ro64, Ro32: May remove up to 2 maps
- Ro16, Ro8: May remove 1 map
- Semifinals (Ro4), finals: No map removal
 Prize Pool
The total prize pool is ₩199 600 000, divided among participants as follows:
||₩100 000 000
||₩30 000 000
||₩10 000 000
|| No Team
||₩4 000 000
||₩2 000 000
* Approximate USD amounts taken from http://xe.com on October 28th, 2010. [₩1000 KRW = $0.89 USD]
 Racial Distribution
- There were three foreigners in the tournament: IdrA, TLO, and Loner. All three were eliminated at latest in the round of 16. (see bracket)
- This marked the individual StarCraft II progaming debuts of BoxeR and NaDa.
- Over 750 000 people tuned in for BoxeR's round of 64 match.
- Though Maka and HopeTorture had used it previously, the Maka Rax strategy was officially named by Tasteless.
- The Viking Flower trick, first shown by BoxeR, was also named by Artosis.
- For the first time in GSL, the Mothership was built intentionally to turn the tide of the battle.
- While Tasteless and Artosis were at Blizzcon 2010, there were four guest casters used: Jason Lee, Assem, Jørgen Johannesen (XeqtR), and IdrA.
- Player military ranks were revealed before the start of each match.
- Powerade was the sponsored beverage of this event.
- Capital ship watch: Number of games where these units were a major factor in the outcome:
 See also
 External links