2010 MLG Pro Circuit Dallas
MLG, a well known brand amongst console gamers worldwide, has decided to add StarCraft II to its pro circuit. With part signed up players will compete with a selection of invited pro-players.
Following on from MLG Raleigh and MLG D.C., Dallas was the third and final event in the 2010 MLG Pro Circuit.
The tournament format consisted of a 128-player double-elimination bracket utilizing MLG extended series rules for any rematches that may have occurred.
The event was cast by Day, JP McDaniel, and djWHEAT. An HD stream was available for the entire weekend for the cost of $10.
- Category = Melee
- Mode = 1v1
- Game Speed = Faster
- Double-elimination Bracket, Bo3s played until finals.
- Rematches are a Bo7 played on top of the score from the previous Bo3.
Offering $17,500 Spread among players as follows:
| General Rules Full rules available here.
- The latest official Patch version was used throughout the Event.
- Players may not appear on a Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players and Coaches may be asked to wear MLG apparel for all Matches.
- In the case of a Computer/Monitor malfunction, Games were restarted from the beginning.
- No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled Warm-Up periods.
- During scheduled Warm-Up periods the winner can stay, but the loser must get up.
- During scheduled Warm-Up periods, Players who haven’t been eliminated from the Event have priority over other Players regarding the use of open Stations.
- Players who break General Rules #4-6 may be given a Foul (See Pro Circuit Conduct Rules).
- If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee, the game must be restarted. If a Player fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of the announcement, they must Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player must Forfeit their Match. If both Players Forfeit their Match, the higher seeded Player wins the Match.
- Players may be disqualified if they leave their Station without their Referee’s permission, or are otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for a Player who has requested that they be allowed to leave their Station, however, Referees may also deny a Player’s request to leave their Station. Players may be disqualified if they haven’t returned by the end of the Referee’s set time limit.
- In order to dispute Game results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Game. In order to dispute Match results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Match. Players must notify their Referee of their intent to Protest a Game before a new Game has begun. Players must notify their Referee of their intent to Protest a Match before the Match’s Score Sheet has been submitted to the Tournament Director.
- No looking at an opposing Player’s Monitor or projected screen. Breaking this rule results in a Forfeit of the Game.
- No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission. If an issue arises that requires a Pause, Players should contact their Referee immediately. Breaking this rule results in a Warning. If a Player receives a 2nd Warning they Forfeit their current Game (See Gameplay Rule #13).
- Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue.
- The Map for Game 1 of each Match is selected by MLG and announced prior to the Event.
- Prior to the start of a Best of 3 Game Match and the Blind Pick of Races, each Player may select one Map, from the list of Maps, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-3. The lower seeded Player is given the opportunity to select a Map first. The higher seeded Player is then given the opportunity to select a Map.
- The loser of a Game must select the Map for the next Game.
- No Map may be played more than once in the same Best of 3 Game Match, Best of 7 Game Match, or in the Finals.
- Referees conduct Blind Picks of Races for Game 1 of a Match.
- The loser of a Game may select a different Race for the next Game.
- Players who quit out of a Game before it has ended, without Referee’s permission, lose the Game.
- Players who are disqualified prior to the start of a Game are not allowed to play in the Game. Players who are disqualified during a Game must quit out of the Game. Players who are disqualified won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
- The higher seeded Player must host all Games in a Match. However, if a Match is broadcast, an observer hosts all Games in the Match.
- Only MLG Staff members may connect to the server as an observer. Inviting someone to observe a Match without Referee’s permission results in a Warning. If a Player receives a 2nd Warning they forfeit their current Game (See Gameplay Rule #2).
- If a Player loses their connection to the Host during a Game, the Game must be replayed.
- The higher seeded Player must play as the Red team and the lower seeded Player must play as the Blue team.
- If all Minerals on the Map have been consumed and no Units or Structures have been killed for 5 minutes, the Game is replayed.
Winners Brackets (Rounds 1-4)
Losers Brackets (Rounds 1-6)
Extended Series rule:
| Players who have met before play a best-of-seven series starting with the results from previous meeting.