The Valor Starleague was a tournament hosted and sponsored by GOMTv.net and Gameriot's Starfeeder. The event featured many of the best foreign players and was casted by Daniel Lee and Tasteless. In addition to the main event several show matches have been played between qualified players and Korean professionals.
The tournament was hosted before KeSPA and Blizzard Entertainment started to engage in a heavy fight about the IP Rights over StarCraft Brood War. In the general context of this future argument the tournament could be seen as one of the last tries of the foreign scene and Blizzard getting in touch with the Korean professional scene.
The event was split into two phases. To open this tournament for as many players as possible a team on ICCup was opened. It served the purpose of an internal ladder, just like in the TSL I & II. The best 32 players then moved on two play in a single elimination tournament, with the places 32 - 48 forming a reservation list.
- Top 32 of the ladder stage qualifies for the single-elimination bracket.
- Ro32, Ro16 and Ro8 are Bo3, loser picks the next map from the pool.
- Semifinals are Bo5, loser picks the next map from the pool.
- Finals are Bo7, loser picks the next map from the pool.
|Neo Medusa||Destination||Colosseum II||Outsider||Heartbreak Ridge|
|Time||Player 1||Score||Player 2|
|Semi final 1||IefNaij||<||Last|
|Semi final 2||infernal||<||PerfectMan|
Despite the popularity of this event several controversy discussions emerged.
- When the event was announced the organizers stated that free streams would only be offered with low quality, in addition to VODs being released with a slight delay. However, this policy changed before the first casts were set up.
- The quarter final match between Strelok and Fenix have been the center of a bigger argument between the two players and the tournament judges. One of the players disconnected during the second set and the referee's ruling was unclear. The Ukranian Terran stated he wasn't comfortable with this decision and thus quit the tournament.
- The maybe biggest scandal during this tournament featured IdrA's game against Tarson in the Round of 16. The American Terran continued to insult his opponent during the broadcasted game. Daniel Lee first started to stop commentating and then went on to harshly criticize the player with statements like "he doesn't deserve to be casted".