- 2009-2010 Shinhan Bank Proleague
Tornado is a map for Starcraft: Brood War. It was used in the 2009-2010 Proleague season, as well as the 2009-10 PokerStrategy.com TSL.
Tornado underwent some terrain changes from its beta test version. Like another test map, Roadrunner, some positional imbalance was to be expected. One example which displayed this imbalance was Horang2 vs Miracle, as Miracle’s tanks were able to siege up on his Fleet Beacon from a different platform. In the updated version, this issue was mostly dealt with, and Tanks can now only hit a small portion of the mains which have been made larger.
The open middle, which Miracle complained about after this game, was made smaller. One of the major changes was that the natural’s mineral lines were moved to the side of the map (rather than with their back to a bit of water) and the platforms outside the naturals have been moved closer to the center of the map.
The natural is fairly open, making Hydra breaks in ZvP very strong.
- Cliff by the Natural - There is high ground by the natural that can be taken for a large positional advantage.
- Semi-open Natural - The choke points are fairly large, making walling off the natural more difficult.
- Roundabout Path - One can avoid the middle entirely by taking an alternative path, though it's harder for units to get through.
Map version images
|Mondragon||Mondragon displaying his defiler usage|
- See Unchartered Territory on TeamLiquid for a complete review