Nov 2008 – Mar 2009
Rush Hour is one of the most popular three player maps. While at one point widely considered to be one of the most balanced maps, it has gained prominence as a primarily Terran favoring map, particularly in TvZ, in large part because of the open naturals and difficulty of flanking. The open naturals tend to encourage one base play particularly by Terran in TvZ a bit more than many modern macro maps.
Claiming the third main in a one vs one match-up is of extremely high importance due to the mineral layouts of the different expansions.
Despite some questions of balance, Rush Hour remains a very popular map and has hosted a large number of very memorable games.
- Double entry point to natural - This makes fast expanding harder because you have to spread your defenses out more.
- Multiple pathways - Allows multiple paths to take between main bases.
- Narrow chokes - Makes flanking more difficult. An advantage for Terran in TvP and Protoss in PvZ.
- Semi-buildable center - Terran can build on some parts of the map, allowing him to strengthen his push in TvP.
Map Version Images
- sAviOr vs. iloveoov, 2005 LG CYON MSL — Early display of sAviOr's dominance
- Flash vs. Jaedong, 2009 Shinhan Bank Winners League — High level Bionic TvZ
- Firebathero vs. sAviOr, 2008-09 Shinhan Bank Proleague
- Chojja vs. Reach, 2005 UZOO MSL