- Adds support for Korean tournament (KBK).
- Fixes lag meters on join game screen.
- Changes default Battle.net font so that it is easier to distinguish certain characters while in chat.
- Fixes German text for Brood War units which appeared as English on some systems after upgrading to v1.06.
- Adds command completion to Battle.net chat. It can be accessed by pressing the "tab" key.
- Fixes some minor battle.net issues.
- Displays cancel dialog in situations when server is busy.
- For Top vs. Bottom games, the default chat filter is now 'Chat To Allies'.
- In-game chat messages now show the speaker's name in his/her team color.
- Users can now use the mouse wheel to scroll chat and selection boxes in Windows 98 (or later) and Macintosh OS X.
- Screen shots now use a time/date stamp; they are no longer limited to 100.
- The high-color application icon from the Macintosh version is now used on PC.
- Small corrections to the Lost Temple and Dire Straits maps.
- Fixed Hatchery cancellation crash bug.
- Fixed crash that can occur when SCVs are repairing a unit boarding a Dropship.
- Fixed crash when Mac users very quickly cancel connection to Battle.net.
- Fixed a scoring bug that gave Zerg unit points for building cancellation.
- Users can now take screen shots on Macintosh OS X.
- Updated Battle.net account creation information text.
- Logging onto an account closed for a Battle.net Terms of Service violation will now say the account is closed, rather than 'invalid password'.
- Fixed bug preventing Portuguese StarCraft clients from receiving patches from Battle.net. Portuguese users must still patch to this level manually, but subsequent patches can be obtained automatically from Battle.net.
- No longer displays control characters in Battle.net's map description pane.
- Color codes and control codes are no longer allowed in chat messages.
- Fixed a crash in StarEdit when attempting to save modified Blizzard maps.
- Fixed undesired text wrapping in Spanish and Portuguese Battle.net screens.
- Fixed a rare crash in multiplayer games.
- Fixed the Nydus Canal cancellation bug that allowed creating a mobile exit.
- Fixed two exploits that allowed players to gain minerals very quickly.
- Fixed exploit that allowed Zerg buildings to become cloaked.
- Fixed exploit that allowed units to kill themselves instantly.
- Fixed exploit that allowed Command Center infestation without a Queen.
- Fixed exploit that allowed Command Center infestation from a distance.
- Fixed exploit that allowed players to float Zerg Drones over obstacles.
- Fixed exploit that allowed worker units to mine at a distance.
- Fixed exploit that allowed Terran buildings to lift off while training units.
- Fixed exploit that allowed SCVs to repair Protoss buildings.
- Fixed exploit that allowed SCVs to detach Larvae from Hatcheries.
- Fixed exploit that allowed morphing Terran and Protoss buildings.
- Fixed exploit that allowed buildings to be stacked on top of each other.
- Playing against illegally named players on Battle.net no longer results in a disconnect game result.
- Reduced Academy cost to 150 minerals.
- Reduced Science Facility cost to 100 minerals, 150 gas.
- Reduced Spider Mine research cost to 100 minerals, 100 gas.
- Reduced the cooldown for units on unload from a transport.
- Added a limit so games can only be saved at most once every two minutes during a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a bug that caused save game compatibility problems with 1.03 save games loaded into 1.04 and Brood War.
- The 'something for nothing' cheat no longer gives Brood War upgrades in normal StarCraft games.
- When using the 'exactly' modifier in trigger conditions, incomplete units are no longer included in the comparison.
- Hallucinated devourers no longer leave acid spores on targeted units.
- Spider mines are now properly affected by disruption web.
- Neutral medics no longer auto-heal units.
- Added a wire-frame for Infested Duran in a dropship.
- The low memory version of the disruption web art is now correct.
- Terran insane AI no longer locks the system.
- Fixed the bug that allowed terran buildings to move after landing.
- Fixed the bug that incorrectly allowed 'morph to lurker' commands to be issued to units that weren't hydralisks.
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes.
- (StarEdit) Eliminated dependence on updated comctrl32.dll
- (StarEdit) Now displays language based on installed version of StarCraft rather than operating system setting
- (StarEdit) Fixed a bug in the Player Upgrades dialog that could cause settings for one player to be inadvertently copied to another
- StarCraft compatibility with Brood War implemented.
- Resource Text Color changed to Green
- Custom AI has been strengthened...beware.
- Invincible Drone bug has been fixed
- You can select all burrowed units of the same type or cloaked units of the same type by using the Ctrl+select method or by double clicking.
- If you have multiple Carriers or Reavers selected you can build Interceptors and Scarabs for all of them at the same time.
- Cooldown times of units being dropped out of transports corrected.
- Stim Pack causing Firebats to fire slowly corrected.
- Zergling adrenal gland upgrade affects corrected.
- Fixed a bug where the muzzle flash on a full fire bunker aiming south displayed incorrectly.
- Air unit movement near the edge of the map corrected.
- The Ladder directory has been updated with the Season 4 ladder maps. Retired ladder maps have been moved to the OldLadder directory.
Changes to StarEdit (Map Editor):
- New save feature that identifies all 'enhanced' data in the scenario and specifies which versions of StarCraft will be able to load the scenario.
- Addition of the comparing conditional 'exactly' for use in such triggers as: ACCUMULATE, BRING, COMMAND, COUNTDOWN TIMER, DEATHS, ELAPSED TIME, KILL, OPPONENTS, and SCORE.
- Increased number of Switches to 256.
- Increased number of usable locations to 254.
- Added the ability to specify 'Random' in the SET SWITCH trigger action.
- Added the ability to name switches.
- Added the ability to set Fog-of-War for multiple players simultaneously by holding down Control or Shift.
- Added the ability to re-name any unit.
- ORDER UNIT (Move to, Patrol to, Attack to)
- The ability to specify a quantity for the following actions: CREATE UNIT, CREATE UNIT W/PROPERITIES, MOVE UNIT, KILL UNITS AT LOCATION, REMOVE UNITS AT LOCATION.
- PAUSE/UNPAUSE TIMER
- MODIFY UNIT ENERGY
- MODIFY HANGER COUNT
- MODIFY UNIT HIT POINTS
- GIVE UNITS TO PLAYER
- MODIFY UNIT RESOURCES
- MODIFY UNIT SHIELD POINTS
- SET ALLIANCE STATUS
- COMMENT TRIGGER
- END IN DRAW
- SET UNIT DEATHS
- You can now select locations obscured by other locations.
- Location operations are now undoable.
- You can now explicitly sort Conditions.
- You can remove all Map Revealers from a map (really!).
- The Unit and Hero Settings dialog has been enhanced.
- A new StarEdit help file with info on these triggers and all the new features in StarEdit can be downloaded from our FTP site.
- Localized versions should all see Battle.net properly now (all buttons translated / all hot keys correct).
- Additionally, chat help and account information should be appearing correctly when connecting to battle.net.
- The length of time you have to leave a game before it counts on your record on battle.net has been reduced from 5 minutes to 2 minutes.
- Very long games using the Terran Insane AI will no longer lock up.
- Custom maps that use the "set next map" trigger will now work properly after loading them from a saved game.
- New ladder maps have been added for Season O3. The old ladder maps have been moved to the OldLadder directory and downgraded to "Blizzard Approved" status. The (8)Green Valleys.scm map has been promoted to "Ladder" status. This means you can no longer play these downgraded maps as ladder maps.
- There are 4 new ladder maps: (4)Ashrigo, (4)Remote Outpost, (2)Gauntlet, (4)Bone Canyon.
- Fixed bug where if Zerg burrowers burrowed just as they decloaked (when leaving an Arbiter's field of influence) it would desync a network game.
- The MOVE UNIT trigger action now behaves correctly with add-ons. Buildings with existing add-ons will detach from the add-on if either the building or the add-on moves. Add-ons under construction will be cancelled.
- Buildings that are created with the CREATE UNIT trigger action or moved with the MOVE UNIT trigger action will attempt to reattach to add-ons of the correct type that are in the correct location.
- Preplaced carriers owned by the Neutral player slot that have an initial hangar count greater than 0 will no longer crash the game.
- Executing a KILL UNIT trigger action immediately followed by a MOVE UNIT trigger action will no longer result in a crash.
- Doodads are no longer affected by the MOVE UNIT trigger action.
- The mission countdown timer now has a maximum value of 99:99:99 (h:m:s)
- Fixed bug that caused Elapsed Time to display incorrectly when finishing a very short mission.
- Flying units no longer receive 'cover' from terrain features.
- Fixed the bug when cancelling a guardian in high latency games that killed the Mutalisk and gave multiple refunds.
- Fixed the bug that could sometimes cause a map editor, hit point modified siege tank's hit points to be incorrect after transforming.
- Time elapsed while the game is paused no longer counts toward total elapsed game time.
- Increased the cost of a Zerg Hatchery from 300 to 350 minerals.
- Changed the damage type of the Photon Cannon weapon system from explosion to normal.
- Preplaced heroes for the AI will now auto acquire targets and defend themselves.
- Fixed a bug that could potentially, in high latency games, over-charge zerg players when morphing larva into units.
- Modified the 'Free For All' game type so that the rules of diplomacy apply to computer players. (Computer players are no longer allied in FFA.) Also, made FFA available for single player custom games.
- Fixed the crash that occurred when selecting a unit type, that would normally have shields, configured to have 0 shields via the map editor.
- Fixed the bug that bumped people back to the race select screen after they had completed a single player campaign mission.
- (Battle.net) Create game screen will now display ladder game speed as 'Fast' instead of 'Faster'.
- (Battle.net) Profile draw code will now handle different sized destination windows.
- Fixed 'attach to incomplete addon' crash bug.
- Added three new Computer AI scripts for use with the map editor (Protoss Insane, Terran Insane, Zerg Insane) to be used in custom campaign levels.
- Fixed bug that played the incorrect 'complete' sound for addons.
- Fixed bug that prevented rescued tanks and goliaths from acquiring targets correctly.
- Fixed bug that caused StarCraft to allocate unnecessary amounts of memory while running minimized.
- Fixed bug that could cause maps with a large number of pre-placed units to crash at load time.
- Fixed bug that, in rare cases, could cause game to crash when certain types of units died.
- Fixed bug that caused access violation when maps with unplaceable units were loaded.
- Fixed bug that caused access violation when any zerg air unit died while cloaked by an arbiter.
- (StarEdit) Fixed bug that prevented changes to Norad II Hero unit weapon damage fields
- (StarEdit) Mineral patches and geyser are now limited to 50,000.
- (StarEdit) Added exception handler.
- (StarEdit) Fixed bug that made it impossible to remove Map Revealers via a trigger.
- (StarEdit) Fixed bug that could cause triggers to 'disappear' on systems using large fonts.
- (StarEdit) Fixed bug that allows powerups to be placed in invalid locations on high terrain
- (StarInst) Fixed minor over-calculation of disk space used by saved games for uninstall.
- (StarInst) Moved file pre-cache requests to the install scripts.
- (StarInst) Added support for multiple events per screen item without the use of sub-scripts.
- (StarInst) Eliminated unnecessary screen refreshes.
- Fixed cheat that allowed one player in a multiplayer game to see the map.
- Fixed bug that allowed players to receive extra resources when canceling building construction multiple times by exploiting lag in a multi-player game.
- Fixed pathing problem related crash bug that was most commonly exhibited in Terran 10.
- Fixed C Runtime Library crash bug exhibited during saved games when year was greater than 2098.
- Fixed sprite allocation errors that prevent normal combat and creation of units.
- Fixed occasional hang when joining and leaving Battle.net.
- Enemy Science Vessels no longer continually unmask after irradiating units.
- Missile turrets controlled by the AI properly acquire targets.
- Fixed blank game names in Battle.net game list.
- Game names with high ASCII characters now show up properly.